Who are your Top 5 Daytime Performers

• Members

Wow this is hard and I always go back and forth on this. It is hard for me to say a best of all time overall. I would say the following though:

1) Michael Zaslow

2) Beverlee McKinsey

3) George Reinholt

4) Eileen Fulton

5) Jane Eliot

And as I said it goes back and forth.

For me the top 5 individual performances of all time would go something like this:

1) Judith Light on the witness stand, One Life To Live

2) Jacqueline Courtney for One Life To Live when she learned her son had been hit and died

3) Joan Copeland on the witness stand. Her pearls broke and as she moved around the floor to pick them all up. Very moving. That was on Search For Tomorrow

4) Donald May giving the closing argument in the Julie Jamison trial in 1968. He was the only actor to speak for the entire 30 minute episode.

5) Louise Shaffer on the court house steps as Serena/Josie of The Edge of Night in 1975.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dorrie Kavanaugh: Cathy Craig OLTL

Valerie Starrett: Diana Taylor GH

Kate Dezina: Estelle La Tour AMC

Jane Badler: Melinda Cramer OLTL

Holland Taylor: Denise Cavanaugh EON

Maybe not the biggest stars or on any Best Actress lists, but they made lasting impressions for me.

• Members

Hmm No mention of Genie Francis at all. I mean interestingly enough I thought about her but then thought about others I would put ahead of her. I saw clips of her from back in the day she was a bit green, but I loved her potrayal when she came back in the 90s. Laura was absolutely endearing and she made me feel her pain and her being torn

• Members

James Mitchell (Palmer Cortlandt AMC)

In the 1980s, JM as Palmer was just perfect as rotten and nasty Palmer blended with a comedic touch thanks to over the top crankiness he exhibited with his mother-in-law/maid Myra. Then he added another layer with his deep love for Daisy/Monique. But it was the outright villainy that was JM's strong suit going so far as to laugh at and taunt when he found Adam Chandler paralyzed from a stroke.

Kin Shriner (Scotty Baldwin GH)

Another perfect villain. KS takes obnoxiousness to ridiculous heights, and Scotty never met a character he couldn't work against entertainingly. If any character, be it Rick Webber, Anna Devane, Robert Scorpio..whoever, wanted something good for someone, Scotty would inevitable oppose them and KS would always make it work.

Susan Lucci (Erica AMC)

Not the best actress, but has she ever met a scene she didn't own? It doesn't make a difference who she is opposite, she just brings a spark to any scene.

Those are the first three that come to mind for me.

Archived