Another World

• Members

In the late 80's, they sort of made an attempt to bring back the Matthews family when it was revealed that Josie was Russ' daughter. They brought Russ back (for a short time) and Liz. Olivia was also introduced and stuck around for a time. Josie's last name was even changed to Matthews, but when the character came back mid-90's her last name was back to Watts.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There was material for the older and/or longer-running actors during JFP's run as executive producer. Justine's reign of terror. The Sharlene/John/Felicia triangle. Michael's return and how it affected Donna & Matthew. Cecile's return and the tease that Maggie was Cass' daughter. I'm just skeptical that any of these stories are well-regarded.

AW was very dark and dour back then. Justine's reign of terror was really cartoony. And just plain awful. Donna and Matt were a great couple. JFP broke them up for good. Out of nowhere Felicia started feeling old and unattractive . While becoming very close to John. While Sharlene was away.  Robyn Griggs who was great as Maggie was fired. For dating John Wayne Bobbitt. The other Maggie's were awful. Maggie became completely unlikable. Cecile's return wasn't well handled at all. The retconning of Cass as Maggie's father made no sense at all. Ryan. Bridget and Frankie were all murdered.

• Members

My apologies for dissing  Ms JFP - I had my timelines mixed up. She did kill off Bridget but later teams put older characters on recurring and then wrote them off.

Mind you JFP did plenty of other stuff she could be criticized for -  AW- ER/BCPD Blue...

Edited by Paul Raven