Another World

• Members

I remember reading LeMay in the credits during this time as a consultant and thinking this is still not AW.  I guess not as a head writer he is not advising the writing team to focus on the familes and history that made the show.  Frames were gone and Corys not the same.  It would have been awesome if he just came back as the writer

Cali Timmins makes a way better Paulina.  No offense but I don't care for Judi Evans acting in any soap and of course TImmins was fired to replace her Evans which is not cool.  Timmins looked and acted more like her sisters Iris and Amanda

Edited by denzo30

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cali Timmons is a very engaging actress and I really liked her Paulina.  

Paulina changed so much when she was played by Judi Evans that they both could have stayed and Judi could have had her own part.  The character went from a sophisticated con artist, born in South America and raised in Europe, to an old Italian lady with her own pasta sauce recipe, and an unknown child in Bay City; even though she had never been to town until Ken brought her when she was in her 20s.

• Members

Paulina felt so boring under Judi, honestly (after they totally toned her down). Judi also felt wasted at times on AW, personally. And I never cared for Paulina and Joe ... Judi could have easily been a recast Nancy, Rachel's sister ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Now I'm forgetting the order of Mac's progeny.

Is it Iris, Sandy, Paulina, Amanda, (Matthew)?  Paulina would have to be 5-7 yrs older than Amanda for Mac to have an affair in Argentina before he came to Bay City, correct?

Also, did anyone ever notice that soaps in the 70s referred to male impotence, as either erectile dysfunction or a low sperm count?  Because when Craig Montgomery was impotent during his marriage to Betsy Stewart on ATWT it meant that he couldn't perform his husbandly duties but, considering he later fathered children, we can assume that his sperm count was intact.  However, when Mac's impotency was revealed in court, (which proved that Mitch sired Matthew), it was assumed that he didn't know because he was still having sex with Rachel and Janice.  All of which is to say that DNA tests were a godsend for soap writers.

So, yeah considering that Nancy was also 5-7 years older, Judi would have made a good Nancy, and her resemblance to Connie Ford would have made sense, (no tea, no shade).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I love Judi Evans, but I was mystified too that they replaced Cali Timmons. I thought she was on fire in the role! They could have easily used Judi Evans in another role tied to the Cory family.

By the last year, Paulina barely left the kitchen of that restaurant. She used to be so sassy but had lost her edge.

Although, I did enjoy Joe's hairy chest.

• Members

She auditioned for Tina in 1994 and SBH hired her pal, Krista Tesreau

Then again in 2003 when Sarah Buxton was also considered but they decided not to have Tina return

Okay Cali Timmins for Liz's mom on GH with RL Hubby Geoff Pierson as Jeff Webber

Edited by John

• Members

I only watched AW on NBC in its last 2-3 years, so I only knew Judi as Paulina (and she was with Joe). But seeing Cali in the role from YT and the reruns from SoapNet, she seemed to give off the lost broken girl vibe off more strongly, and I think that's what Paulina was always supposed to be at heart.

• Members

I always found the character of Joe to be boring and Judi playing Paulina softened the character in the end.  Paulina should have been more active in Cory Publishing and Cali Timmins would have been a better match against Carmen's Iris. I loved their rivalry.  

• Members

AW post-Heche and post-Cali Timmins just did not work for me for a bit because the new Vicky was terrible and she was a disaster as Marley. The build-up to the "who shot Jake?" storyline was great, but the story never went anywhere. They should have just killed off Jake. I know rapists as romantic heroes was big in the 90's (and before that) but I hated it. Evans was like the proverbial bull in a china shop where Timmins had more subtlety and I felt for her. I like the idea of Judi Evans as Nancy.  Donna Swajeski had some great storylines, but her execution and follow through was often a mess (Red Swan). I wonder if the problem was from the network and P&G heads or if she just needed a co-headwriter to keep her on target.

• 2 weeks later...