Another World

• Members

I don't remember much about Ben McKinnon other than he was an early pairing with Marley, correct? I think a Ben/Marley/Jake/Vicky quad could have been interesting for a while.

I always found Vince to be annoying and Mary was only tolerable because of Denise Alexander. The initial story of Marissa being Mary was alright and then her character fell flat. Cheryl was another bland character.

Other than Jake and Kathleen, I found MJ to be the only interesting one in the family but the show ruined it when they made her a former prostitute. I was a big Adam/MJ fan but I hated that story with Chad. I no longer cared after that.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked MJ better under Layman...I always felt like SS was a playing a different character...I liked her, but Layman was great in the role. I half expected MJ/Larry/Clarice when she was on.

Ben could have been brought back, and Nancy, too. Richard Steen was okay in the part, but even with a different actor, Ben could have definitely been Jake's rival.(good boy vs. bad boy)...

ITA that Maisie and Quinn were killed off for their age, nothing more. Both characters had plenty of story left...

• Members

They brought on Jake's half-brother Kevin who shared the same father but Kevin turned out to worse than Jake. They later brought on his son but the show was cancelled not long after they introduced him so they ended up doing nothing him although the actor was none other than Paul Wesley.

• Members

In the Times Square subway station here in NYC there's a salon/barber shop which hasn't bothered to replace photos of "hairstyle models" since the mid 1980s and one of them is the girl who played Cheryl McKinnon!

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I found a random ANOTHER WORLD episode from 1988 in my collection -- can anyone help me identify around when it was broadcast?

In it, Iris has recently started work at Cory again (and seems to be up to no good...) and there's Felicia being asked to write her autobiography and reacting very negatively to it. Do we know what month?

• Members

October 28, 1988- Iris showed up at the door of the Cory mansion. On the Thursday, October 27th, episode you heard her ring the bell, but you did not see her. Rachel answered the door and said in a surprised voice "Iris!" The freeze frame of the episode was on Rachel, so you were left wondering until the October 28th episode who would be playing Iris.