Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Below are the two definitive scenes between Carmen Duncan's Iris and Douglass Watson's Mac. In the first scene, Iris tells Mac at the Snowflake Ball "no one will ever love me the way I love them." In the other scene, Iris tells Mac she was "The Chief" behind the takeover of Cory Publishing. This scene aired only weeks before Watson's real-life passing.

• Members

I wonder if they ever tried to woo McKinsey back before recasting with Duncan. It may have been difficult though as McKinsey was still in the P&G soap family and in another prominent role.

I think I recall a small bit in one of the soap magazines from the late 80's where McKinsey said they asked, but she told them was happy at GL.

• Members

I read an interview that Bev was asked to return but it was much earlier on, around when she started on GL. I would love to see who Duncan's completion was. I always thought a Meryl Streep Devil wears Prada type would have worked well but that was closer to Carmens portrayal of Iris. Debbie Reynolds would have been a great replacement for Iris if she just did the sultry type voice

• Members

Duncan did great in the role, but I do have a hard time reconciling it with the character McKinsey played in the 70's. They are just completely different actresses, and I felt like Duncan's Iris seemed to be a product of her time and clearly inspired by Joan Collins, if that makes sense...

I don't know if it would have been different had McKinsey resurrected the role though. Though, I guess doing GL was hugely beneficial for her as it allowed a new generation of soap fans to know her and proved she could be someone else in the same genre other than Iris.