Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Didn't Jennifer runyon's Sally start the peter/sally coupling? I could have seen her with peter...but I think.when mpk took over as Sally by summer 1983...I couldn't buy her Sally with Peter...if that makes sense. Perhaps the change in actresses shifted.the story?

• Members

Today I had an AW through the mail autograph success from the wonderful Beverly Penberthy. Not only did she sign the photo I sent, but she sent along two more (also signed) and wrote a lovely note to me in a blank card. I'll send the images off to one of my friends here so everyone can see them.

• Members

Thank you, Carl. For the record, the one I sent was the "Star of the Month" with the yellow border. The b&w one - I thought she looked like Mary Frann. I love the most recent photo of her - she looks so glam. AW really did her wrong in 1982, from what I read. She could have been a tentpole on AW for years to come.

• Members

Losing Bev Penberthy was a major mistake.Pat was an original character and she hd been in the role for years.BP was an attractive 'older' woman and Pat had only one marriage under her belt so there were plenty of story options.

She also had 2 children who could have been brought back.Mike and Marianne could have hooked into the Love/McKinnon families.Mike/Nicole? Marianne/Peter etc

Maybe it was a cost -cutting thing. Beverly may have been one of the highest paid cast members.

The time that the Matthews were dropped( Russ/Pat/Marianne/Alice 81-82)was the very time they should have been investing in the core family.

Maybe a daughter/son for Russ from the times he'd been away from BC,the return of Ricky Matthews as a new teen etc

They did try with the creation of Julia...

• Members

I saw Bev in some clips from ATWT from the late 80s - she played a short-term character who was involved with Kirk. That was probably soon after the AW 25th anniversary episodes that she returned for.

I've also exchanged a couple of emails with Bev's predecessor as Pat - Susan Trustman, now going by her married name of Susan Leider. Long retired from acting, she has since become a painter. On dailymotion, there is a clip of the NBC Daytime promo from 1965 - and she's at the end of it, in jail and crying. I sent her the link and she was shocked - she had never seen it before!!

• Members

Thanks so much, Monika!

I just watched it and OMG, there's a much younger looking Douglass Watson in the Moment of Truth promo. "Nancy, I'm a clinical psychologist, I'm not a carpenter, uhhh, there have to be secrets in this room!"

Thanks again.

Edited by TimWil