Another World

• Members

The Contessa is absolutely correct.  If and when new soap operas are developed, tptb are not likely to look backward and reboot classic soaps.  And even if they did, only AMC and OLTL would stand even a snowball's chance of that happening. Tptb are going to look forward and create new shows. And those in charge are going to want credit ($$$) for creating each new soap.  Why would anybody go to the trouble of rebooting an old soap opera, and then send Agnes Nixon's estate or P&G a big check for the rights??  

My biggest hope is that the new creators use some wisdom and consider what types of soap operas might actually survive in todays media market. Personally, I believe it would be wise for each new soap opera to premiere as a 30-minute five-day a week show; on broadcast, streaming platforms, and International syndication.  The new shows should only expand to 60-minutes if and when there is clear evidence that the audience will continue watching, and the network and platforms agree to continue buying the show -- which I feel is unlikely.  

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm signed up for it, paid & gotten an email confirmation. A GH fan told me today she just signed up for it yesterday & got an email confirmation. Let me look. 

She moved it! Below the drop down! See. (Weird.) Try that. Report back! If that's not it, I will email her. She responds to me almost instantly! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Contessa Donatella
mre

• Members

Larkin Douglass Watson III (February 24, 1921 — May 1, 1989) was an American actor. He was best known for his portrayal of Mac Cory on the daytime soap opera Another World.

On May 1st, 1989, Doug Watson got off a plane & went to a dude ranch for a week of R&R. The first thing he did was join an exercise class & then dropped dead of a massive heart attack.

AW was all set to celebrate Cory Publishing anniversary, all about his character, Mac Cory. There went 18 months of story.

Please register in order to view this content

Just checked & now it says

This event is no longer accepting reservations. 

• Members

On the AWHP character guide for Liz it mentions without explanation that Liz's maiden name may have been Hill. I did a little poking around and found that the source was the scripts used for the 1966 daily synopses. See the note on April 8.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/aw1966.html

There is nothing mentioned for Mary on her page in the character guide. I started looking through the AW Bible on the AWHP but haven't come across any hints so far. I will refrain from attempting to start the rumour that obviously it must have been Russell.