Another World

• Members

I don't think I did know about the script. A nice memento.

Regarding  the firings, I saw that the Wikipedia entry for Sarah Cunningham says it is the same day for both but I didn't see that anywhere else and there doesn't seem to be any citation linked. It does seem inauspicious for there to be that kind of sudden turnover in the cast right away but I suppose soaps with their ensemble casts can recover pretty well.

I notice that tomorrow TCM is airing the Julius Caesar in which Douglass Watson plays the small role of Octavius.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, I gotta' give them credit for mentioning the Matthews family as AW's original core family.  Because whether anyone likes it or not, without Jim and Mary Matthews (and their three kids) there would be no Another World.  And obviously, whoever put this publication together was aware of that.  To be honest, that kind of surprises me.  But thank you (whoever you are) for acknowledging AW's history...

• Members

Hopefully there will be photos and stories from this event.

As for being blocked, posters are entitled to do that. Just as everyone else is entitled to post freely (within guidelines)

I enjoy most of the posts and those that I disagree with or dislike, I simply move on. Don't think it's worth my time to be annoyed/upset.

• Members

Are you talking about someone puttin you on Ignore? Here on SON? If not, blocked where?

But, anyway, their loss & who cares about them, whoever they are. You don't need them. Your post are fine. Screw them is what I say. Keep being yourself. And, now here's the one pic a friend has sent me. Two Jamie Frames!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please register in order to view this content

Marcia McCabe who played Bunny Eberhart <--- WRONG. Not sure right now who this is. 

With Ariana Munker Chase (Marianne Randolph)

Guess what? Chris Goutman was there!

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more info

• Members

Thank you for the pics and listing who they are. I saw the full group photo somewhere and I didn't know who half the people are. Most of that is from aging, as we all do, and not having seen these people for years. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

TIL - from the NYT wedding announcement of Marcia McCabe and Chris Goutman (of course, they've divorced since) - She is a granddaughter of the late Thomas Bayard McCabe, chairman of the Scott Paper Company, and of the late Arthur H. Motley, president and publisher of Parade Publications.  That's quite a pedigree.

And @Mona Kane Croft, keep on truckin'.  Those who ignore you are missing out.  I mean, the show's been cancelled for 25 years, if we're not going to talk about the specifics of history, what's left to discuss?

Edited by j swift