Another World

• Members

I think you mean actor Geoffrey Pierson who played Roger Jackson plus 3 other minor roles prior to Roger. Geoffrey is also married to Cali Timmins.

Roger Newcomb is one for the guys from We Love Soaps.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, absolutely. I just arrived at this conclusion. Didn't see that you got here ahead of me. And, also, just trivia, but Roger Newcomb curated the Soaps DVDs that P&G had done, ATWT & GL & they planned to do AW next but then they canceled the whole deal & did no more. I happened to find out from him that they had problems with Music Rights even then. 

• Members

Not to go off-topic, but "Whatever We Imagine" was used for Hope and Bo. A number of popular songs were used for the couple besides "Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You," including Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero."

• Members

I started watching as kid when Lau played Jamie, so I didn't have any reference for the actors before him. But, it always seemed that they didn't quite know what to do with the character. Russell Todd's version, even though he was quite handsome, never really took, either. Just reading about the history of the show, IMO, TPTB aged Jamie way too quickly, too, and it prematurely aged the character of Rachel.

• Members

Thanks. At the time AW brought him on, Adam was in place as very much a straight arrow of the Cory household who was basically kind and decent. Adam didn't have anything like the little bit of a past that Jamie had had in his Bekins era, falling for manipulative women and having problems with drugs. Stephen Yates had played Jamie as quite a decent guy of course. I don't know if they were looking ahead to a time when Adam would be out of the picture and they would want Jamie to be the core good guy, or what they thought about how Jamie would differentiate himself.

At the time I felt like there was a point where it sort of made sense that Jamie felt sorry for Vicky and allowed her to look to him for help. He got past his betrayal of Lisa and was mildly pleasant for a little while as Vicky's devoted husband, but I am not sure that they did enough after he and Vicky started fighting for custody to allow the audience to see him as remotely sympathetic under all of the angry shouting. 

• Members

Speaking of love themes, I was looking at the list of couple/character themes on the AWHP and although there is a theme listed for Amanda and Evan, I see none for Amanda and Sam. Did Amanda and Sam really not have a theme? They were not my cup of tea but they were certainly the main romantic storyline at the time.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/music.html

• Members

@Efulton and anyone else who ordered the Video/Photo pkg as a non-attendee: 

AW60 Event: Just msgd with Karen & they are editing & hoping to add content & plan to distribute end of month.

So, I know 3 people, closely who attended. James posted about talking to different people & also msgd a bit. 

1st item of several: When Linda Dano arrived, the crowd kind of rushed up & at first prevented her from getting in & down the stairs & totally into the room where they were. 

So, Linda left early. 

And, I would just add, GOOD GRIEF! Some people just do not engage their brains at times. How awful!

2. Susan Keith

Got to meet this darling women on Saturday. Susan Keith became famous playing Cecile de Poulignac on #anotherworld from 1979-1981. After a contract snafu that caused her to be fired, she joined the premier cast of #Loving as Shana Sloane Vocheck Burnell from 1983-1994. She meet her husband James Kibred and they married May 17, 1986, about month after their co-stars Susan Walter and Linden Ashby married.

We talked and I shared the story idea I felt could have boosted both #anotherworld and #texas.

When Eliot Carrington returns from Cambodia, of course Brava would want an interview with him. Cecile, of course would sabatoge Pat who wanted to interview him because of her familiarity with him. Cecile in the process of gathering background and interview Eliot, stumbles on the secret of Dennis’s parentage and partners with Vicki Bellmen. She uses it as payback against Iris, but finds another warrior in Paige Marshall.

For context, Susan was 20 when she began playing Cecile.

3. Anna Holbrook

Was thrilled to meet and talk with the brilliant Anna Holbrook who played #anotherworld Sharlene Frame Matthews Watts Hudson from 1988-1991, 1993-1997 and 1999.

Found out, much like Judith Light, she never really wanted to do soaps, but Anna felt Sharlene was a challanging character, and she understood how losing someone in war could change them (her dad died in Vietnam, just as Sharlene’s husband did).

She shared the sad news that David Forsyth who played John Hudson suffered a stroke seven years ago and was not doing well.

4. Ricky Paull Goldin

More of me and Ricky Paul Goldin. We had a nice conversation about him playing Jake on #AllMyChildren “How interesting can it be playing a doctor?” I said “Let’s as Vincent Irrizary!” Ricky: “Man! The bro is intense!” So we spoke about Vincent for a few minutes and my pleasure in meeting at #theyoungandtherestless fan event.

5. Larry Lau

More with The Laurence Lau! We had a goid conversation about his playing Brian Wheatly on #AsTheWorldTurns. He said he was proud of that work and I told him he nailed it. We discussed some friends I have who went through coming out later in life after being married, one who the choice came down to coming out or suicide. We discussed the conflict of wanting to be oneself, but needing to belong. From the research he told me he did, he really got it and it came through in his performance.

6. Barbara Rodell 

This is what daytime soap royality looks like. Barbara Rodell began her soap opera career on the short lived A Flame in the Wind, playing Linda Skerba in 1965. She took over the role of Lee Randolph on #anotherworld in 1967 until her character was killed off in a car crash. She next became the popular Jill Claybourn on #TheSecretStorm for two years till that characterwas killed in a plane crash.

During a casting roundelay between #TheSecretStorm and #guidinglight Rodell took over the part of Leslie Jackson Bauer from 1971 to 1973 while Lynne Adams who had previously played the role took over the part of Amy Kincaid on #TheSecretStorm. Barbara, according to Daytime TV polls, became the most popular Leslie, but when Lynne Adams returned, Barbara was given the role of Joyce Coleman on #astheworldturns from 1974-1981.

For those who may remember as the world turns during this time, Joyce gave Lisa a good taste of her own medicine. I got the honor of talking with Ms. Rodell for a few minutes, explaining how much I enjoyed her as Joyce. She told me how much she loved working with James Douglas who played her ex-husband (and Lisa’s love interest), Grant Coleman. When Joyce had to shoot Grant, Barbara called James up and told him how upset she was that she had to do that and James Douglas said to her “That is why you play this part so beautifully. If they hired a real b$&ch to play this, it wouldn’t work. You bring your goodness and heart to her, and that’s why the audience keeps you here.”

I asked if she was approached in 1976 when Lynn Adams again wanted to leave the part of Leslie on guiding light if she wanted to go back there having such a success in that role. She said she was not approached about that.

When I said, I was sorry that she did not continue and soaps. After leaving the part of Joyce. She did tell me she was offered to be an actresses replacement during her pregnancy on #onelifetolive but that she turned that down. I am assuming that was for Erica Slazak and that the part then went to Christine Jones.

Ms. Roel told me that she is awaiting the publication of a book that she has written. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the name, but we can search Amazon under her name and hopefully that book will come up.

7. Nadine Stenovitch

Nadine Stenovitch was the third and final actress to play Josie Watts Sinclair on #anotherworld from 1997-1999. Nadine has moved in to a career in horror films including the Fear Pharm series and Silent Night, Zombie Night.

8. Paul Michael Valley

Paul Michael Valley played #anotherworld Ryan Harrison from 1990 to 1995, another victim of Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps. A gradute of Juilliard, Paul has an extensive theater background.

We had a great conversation about his working with Anne Heche. As he said, “I graduated from Juilliard, then became a student of “The Anne Heche School of Acting”. Because Paul did not have any camera experience and Anne had a couple of years, she did some upstaging. But Paul had very found memories of the show and Anne.

He was very gracious when I told him I had a heavy crush on him back in the day. #anotherworldreunion #anotherworldmemories

(Probably more tomorrow)

9. Anna Stuart

Got to meet this soap opera queen! Anna Stuart has been in daytime since 1971 when she began on

The Doctors daytime soap 1963-1982

, but her signature role was as #anotherworld Donna Love from 1983 to 1999.

I brought up how much I like her as Mary Smyth on #AllMyChildren. She said “I liked that role, but Susan Lucci wasn’t having it.”

I made her laugh by quoting a line from Valley of the Dolls, “There is only one star that comes out of a Helen Lawson show, and that’s Helen Lawson and thats ME, baby!”

She broke up and thanked me for making her laugh.

10. With Ariana Munker Chase (Marianne Randolph - 1975 - 1977) - her abortion story began my 24 year relationship with #anotherworld #anotherworldreunion #anotherworldmemories. She begqn on The Doctors in 1973 as Greta, then moved on to As the World Turns s Melinda (1978-1980), and Ryan’s Hope as Amanda Kirkland (1983). This photo was taken bybher lovely husband Jim Teitzell.

11. **CORRECTED PHOTO**

Marcia McCabe (Bunny Eberhardt - 1995). Marcia came to fame as Sunny Adamson on Search for Tomorrow (1978-1986), nd went on to feature parts on #OneLifetoLive, #AllMyChildren and #astheworldturns. She was married to former actor and #anotherworld executive producer Christopher Goutman (who was there, but I was not inclined to take a picture of him).

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combining posts

• Members

Thanks @Contessa Donatella for sharing those stories. You'd think people would be more respectful of an 80 year old woman than to run up to her like they're meeting the Beatles. 

Very sad about David Forsyth. 

You may want to add the Barbara Rodell info about OLTL to the Temporary Replacement or They Almost Became threads. If you don't want to I will.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm not familiar with those threads. Tell me the right one's name & I'll be glad to pop it there, too.

And, yes, the more I think about it I'm getting angry at the very idea of rushing toward Linda!!!! 

I am very sad about DavidF!! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella