Another World

• Members

I also loved Gail Brown/Clarice Ewing but I won't go as far as to say she was as important as Rachel & as Iris. I also loved Jane/Nancy. 

Now here are some pictures from James, in my forum, I'll include what he wrote about Barbara Rodell. 

This is what daytime soap royality looks like. Barbara Rodell began her soap opera career on the short lived A Flame in the Wind, playing Linda Skerba in 1965. She took over the role of Lee Randolph on #anotherworld in 1967 until her character was killed off in a car crash. She next became the popular Jill Claybourn on #TheSecretStorm for two years till that characterwas killed in a plane crash.

During a casting roundelay between #TheSecretStorm and #guidinglight Rodell took over the part of Leslie Jackson Bauer from 1971 to 1973 while Lynne Adams who had previously played the role took over the part of Amy Kincaid on #TheSecretStorm. Barbara, according to Daytime TV polls, became the most popular Leslie, but when Lynne Adams returned, Barbara was given the role of Joyce Coleman on #astheworldturns from 1974-1981.

For those who may remember as the world turns during this time, Joyce gave Lisa a good taste of her own medicine. I got the honor of talking with Ms. Rodell for a few minutes, explaining how much I enjoyed her as Joyce. She told me how much she loved working with James Douglas who played her ex-husband (and Lisa’s love interest), Grant Coleman. When Joyce had to shoot Grant, Barbara called James up and told him how upset she was that she had to do that and James Douglas said to her “That is why you play this part so beautifully. If they hired a real b$&ch to play this, it wouldn’t work. You bring your goodness and heart to her, and that’s why the audience keeps you here.”

I asked if she was approached in 1976 when Lynn Adams again wanted to leave the part of Leslie on guiding light if she wanted to go back there having such a success in that role. She said she was not approached about that.

When I said, I was sorry that she did not continue and soaps. After leaving the part of Joyce. She did tell me she was offered to be an actresses replacement during her pregnancy on #onelifetolive but that she turned that down. I am assuming that was for Erica Slezak and that the part then went to Christine Jones.

Ms. Rodell told me that she is awaiting the publication of a book that she has written. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the name, but we can search Amazon under her name and hopefully that book will come up.

Please register in order to view this content

Ricky Paull Goldin

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anna Holbrook          

This morning I read what James posted about Anna Holbrook & it includes the bad news about David Forsyth. 

Was thrilled to meet and talk with the brilliant Anna Holbrook who played #anotherworld Sharlene Frame Matthews Watts Hudson from 1988-1991, 1993-1997 and 1999.

Found out, much like Judith Light, she never really wanted to do soaps, but Anna felt Sharlene was a challenging character, and she understood how losing someone in war could change them (her dad died in Vietnam, just as Sharlene’s husband did).

She shared the sad news that David Forsyth who played John Hudson suffered a stroke seven years ago and was not doing well.

You were right about Nadine Stenovich & also Diego Serrano. It was him in the pink jacket! Still no Clarice. 

Anne Howard 

Alice Barrett

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Victoria will only reply to one person I know of in email. And, she has said that she is through with soaps. I don't know how much you are up on things, but VW has said that she was literally lost for about 7 years. She left CT & her precious horses & moved to California. It was through art that she found herself again. A new teacher & a new medium, watercolor. But, since then she's moved on to very large canvases & acrylics. So, in truth she HAS vanished. 

I know nothing about David Forsyth.

Susan Keith

Julie Osborn

Russell Todd

Calli Timmins

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think I remember reading that David Forsyth had had a stroke and probably isn't well enough. Maybe that was from Anna Holbrook's Locher Room interview?

Edited by Xanthe

• Members

Now Suzanne Rees's photos. She runs the FB page Anne Heche F'ANNE Page

Linda Dano

Larry Lau 

Russell Todd 

Anne Howard 

Anna Holbrook 

Diego Serrano 

Anna Stuart

Paul Michael Valley 

Alice Barrett

Nadine Stenovich

Calli Timmins

Ricky Paull Goldin

Julie Osborn

Lau & Todd 

Now, here are two I do not know. I'll add names later. I wonder if this, first, is "Blaine"? 

• Members

Thanks! Both Blair Baker and Courtney Evans were murdered by Fax Newman. There were two different actresses who played Blair -- based on the photos here and on the AWHP Minor Characters entry I believe the attendee was Bridget White.