Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think I've mentioned here before that I distinctly remember when Jonna Lee, Faith Ford and Mary Page Keller all made their first appearances the camera would start on their "princess slippers" and pan up to their faces with our favorite announcer saying "The role of ---- is now being played by ---." I think doing it that way must have become something of an in joke among the cast and crew because these recasts seemed to be coming fast and furious. I remember Taylor Miller was saddled with an entrance involving holding bags of groceries and laying them down on a table while the announcer did his thing. I sort of felt sorry for her.

• Members

So odd that they are all in the clip when Alice, Kevin, and Steven all worked for P&G soaps together. Also, Kevin's wife, Kyra, too. I wonder if they all had convos about it. Kevin talking about his times at Guiding Light and Search for Tomorrow. Kyra stopping by set and reminiscing with Stephen about Another World. *sighs* I can only dream....

• Members

Carl, the discussion of the plane explosion on the Emmerdale thread led me to ask you what's been on and off my mind for many years: what would have happened if AW dared to attempt this particular storyline? What if a passenger jet exploded over the bay and the outlying area of Bay City? Do you think it might have given AW the jolt it needed to survive? I remember the Henderson flood on Search For Tomorrow being an attempt to kickstart the show but it failed.

• Members

I wish AW had gone a natural disaster route near the end instead of that dumb "Lumina" plot and Lila's baby being found up in a tree, etc... My opinion, but I think because that storyline was so different than what AW usually did it probably turned people off and the show couldn't have afforded to turn off anymore. A large umbrella story with characters people loved in jeopardy and maybe some odd situations where characters that didn't normally like each other had to band together could have been great! I think it would have at least given AW a fighting chance.

• Members

I couldn't have put it better myself, Melroser. I think the only other soap something like that would have worked would have been ATWT because the plane could have exploded in the area surrounding the Snyder farm.

• Members

You are absolutely right. The Lumina story changed directions so many times, it made no sense. Instead of using all that money for the Lumina costume party, AW could have put that money to doing a natural disaster and wiping the Bay City slate clean. They didn't even need to do something as elaborate as a plane crash- a blackout, blizzard, hostage situation, etc that put characters that didn't like each other would have worked too.