Y&R: Week of April 27, 2009

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it possible a story is brewing for Victoria? I just say this because she's appeared in both episodes this week and has more speaking lines than Estella. This is very unsusual and seems like a sign that a story is coming. I've never been fond of her Victoria, but she's decent. I've missed the characters so much that I'd be willing to give her another shot at story. If they can throw stuff at Tammin Sursok then they can give Heinle story. The most important thing is separating her from the chemistry-less relationship with JT. Pair him with Tyra or something and put Vicki with Neil. Just give her something or write her off. Victoria is too important to remain an extra for so long.

Completely shallow but I love Jess Walton's hair and hope she continues growing it out. How is it that Clementine Ford's short cut makes her look like one of Jill's contemporaries? Walton's cut looks youthful yet age appropriate and frames her face so beautifully. She definitely has the best hair on this show. I just wish Ford, Tracey Bregman, Sharon Case and Eva Pigford would go see her hairstylist.

Back to the stories, I'm finding myself more and more intrigued with Mary Jane, I just wish they'd do something with the Abbott family as a unit. That home still feels lonely and the family seems fractured. After the revitilization of the Chancellor's is done, I hope late this year or next year they focus on the Abbott's. Jack's kids need to be brought back. Dina and Traci are rested and have story potential.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 28 2009, 04:48 PM)
I've missed the characters so much that I'd be willing to give her another shot at story.

Me too. I don't like her version of Victoria, but she's been off for so long that I actually liked seeing her there.

I loved the conversation with Adam that she had a week ago. I've missed their confrontational talks like last year.

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 28 2009, 04:48 PM)
Dina and Traci are rested and have story potential.

I'd love to have Dina there... In those few episodes in November 2008 she was able to make a great impression on me.

• Members

Watching now and I LOVE Jill's hair. The new bangs are a great look on her. She looks so refreshed and energized. Kudos on the hair department. Good thing for them bc I cant stand to look at Gloria and Ashley. Both have horrible hair nowadays. Ashley has a horrible cut and Gloria has a dreadful color

Oh god, I hate when Neil has to kiss up to Victor

Go Colleen! This is why she's becoming one of my favorite characters on this show. Loved her look today and she was fierce at the Newman meeting. She shocked and surprised all of them there who are just waiting for her to fail. Im glad she told Victoria that she wont let them push her out. You go girl!

• Members

I stated before and i think it's true, that with Mary Jane being Patty, they're saving the conflict for Nikki/Paul/Victor for when she starts her eventual unravel. Victor using Paul's sick sister for his vendetta will be enhanced by Victor hating Paul and Nikki being a couple.

I think it is safe to say that Mary Jane is definitely not Mari Jo. As we saw in today's scenes she's all over that baby. Mari Jo never had a baby complex.

Neil quitting Newman was coming for a long time. Neil comparing his role at Newman to Don Corleone's consigliere was the perfect summation for how Victor "relies" on Neil. However, the problem with Neil's aspirations to be his own man is that he won't start his own company, like Victor Newman did, and the show won't invest in having Neil start his own company.

It looks like either Jill or Billy will replace Neil at NE. Not a spoiler, just a prediction. Today it dawned on me that Billy would be the perfect foil to Vic-Boria and JZzzzzz...

Oh and Ashley's hair and wardrobe are just sad....so sad.

• Members

I love it bc people dont expect to take her seriously in the storyline and then get frustrated bc she isnt coming across as dumb as they think she will. She's proving them all wrong and not backing down. Best thing is that there is absolutely nothing any of them can do about it

Archived