April 6-10, 2009

Toups

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well lets remember last week was a big week for SPRING BREAK. People were away on vacation but on OLTL not surprised considering how awful this Rex-Gigi-Stacy storyline has been that has taken over the show. It is purely freaking awful. I was surprised GL has held as steady as it did. GH getting these all time low ratings is the scariest, the show is one of the most expensive soaps on the air with really bad ratings. It needs a whole new makeover now.

• Members

LMFAO you reap what you sew Pratt. That's what happens when you don't do anything but plot devices.

I'm wondering how ratings will be since Pratt has insulted his own cast in an interview and then blamed one of his actresses for his suck ass writing. I wonder if that will have people tuning out.....

• Members

I agree with both of you. As much as I have loved the show, the stories they're telling at the moment are not all that compelling, and there is so little progress occuring that there's no sense of urgency. I mean, there's a serial killer on the loose and I don't feel any tension whatsoever. how long has it been since Blair was stabbed? a month? longer?

Jessica has Starr's baby and altho I cared at one point, I don't anymore; the show has done nothing to raise the stakes or even keep this plot fresh or interesting since November. Well, okay, Jared and Natalie figuring out the truth was interesting, but other than that, how has this plot progressed in the last 4 or 5 months? I don't think it has.

Shane has needed a bone marrow transplant for many weeks now, and we've known for almost that long that Rex's father is a match, but the poor kid seems no closer to getting that transplant now than he did 3 or 4 weeks ago. It's not so much about Stacey vs Gigi to me, it's just that the story isn't holding my attention.

Viki and Charlie are nowhere to be seen. Blair has been in a hospital bed for far too long. David Vickers comes and goes and comes and goes.

Lazy, uninspired storytelling all around. I don't even care whose fault it is at this point-- Carlivati's, Frons's, or Valentini's. I'm just disappointed with the show & am struggling to get thru episodes; with so little motivation, I don't know how much longer I'll keep watching it, and I have to wonder what anyone who's never watched the show before would find interesting in it.

• Members

Stories don't end very well at OLTL, if they end at all. Motivations are confusing and so are relationships. I still have no idea if we are supposed to care about Marty/John or John/Blair, and both of these women are completely drowned out by his sheer oily vacuousness. Todd is a vile man and we're supposed to go back to loving him because of a brief reign of terror from Zach and because he takes off his shirt to bed Tea. Stacey is insane and we're supposed to care...because Frons cares, I guess. Even she doesn't manage to make Gigi and Rex sympathetic.

They need a huge clearout. Get rid of Gigi, Stacey, Todd, and John, and go back to giving stories to people who can act or want to act.

• Members

General Hospital is making some baby step improvements to the show. There's better cast integration and I'd really like to see that continue. The Q's have been on more frequently. I don't know how everyone feels about the scrubs PPD storyline and honestly, I don't care about the couple BUT at least they are sticking with the story and trying to tell it all the way through rather than pulling up stakes halfway through the story to appease a couple fanbase. The story isn't perfect but dang it, it's been compelling for me and I hate the couple. The mobular people are around but it's not been an endless mob war with new generic mob family moves in, becomes DA EVUL and most be blown to smithereens with bombs, explosions or a shootout. It's more family based with Carly dealing with Michael's coma and a heart wrenching decision to try to get him a real life. I like the Spin/Maxie/Johnny thing because it's realistic and raw. Sometimes you just can't fall in love with someone that wants you to love them in that way. The heart wants what it wants kind of thing. That's good. Alexis has been on the show more and we're gearing up some kick butt Helena action.

They are getting back to telling stories. Sure they are rusty and out of practice but if they stick with it, it will get better.

• Members

Sadly (or not) ABC will continue their free fall if Frons is not gone. Even with GH and OLTL getting new lows, Frons will assume he has to find a new way to "train" viewers. I expect even new lows in the next weeks and months since the man has no intentions of getting a clue. Does Sweeney even care that the ratings are in the crapper? Apparently not.

• Members

Oh boy, ATWT is flatlining ... Undeservedly so, but the viewers just aren't watching, especially in the key W 18-49 demo. I think this is a clear sign that its survival depends now on P&G being able to pull off saving ATWT and GL as a package deal on another network. If you care about ATWT, root for GL and root for P&G. Write letters, call, etc.

Archived