Y&R: Kay Alden or Maria Arena

• Members

I am really interested to know. I do not like Kay Alden, everyone knows that :lol: , and I'm not really all that much into Maria Arena's writing either...

Both have (strong) supporters here so perhaps this shall be interesting.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You dirty bird. Sylph. This should be fun!

I loved the team of Kay Alden and William Bell. I have listened to Kay speak at that symposium or whatever it was. I think she comes across much more likeable than MAB- who has the ego the size of the sun.

I don't like either of them as writers on Y&R- without Bill Bell.

I am not voting for either. And B&B is the worst soap on the air and deserves to lose its #2 spot. It is everything soaps are trashed for.

• Members

Hmmmmm... I guess Maria. In this age, when almost every soap is bad, she manages to do good with Y&R. It isn't a masterpiece, but it's great enough to be called the best soap on air.

• Members

But no one cares about either one of those stories. LOL.

Lauren swallowed this show whole during LML's reign of terror. And Tracey E. Bregman isn't a strong enough actress to carry a story of her own. And Michael and Lauren are boring as hell.

And what else can Maria Arena Bell do with Neil/Tyra/Devon/Ana? I mean, it might help to have some sort of African-American story consultant to deal with them, but maybe Bell herself is too afraid to take a risk at the expense of pissing off or further alienating those fans? I mean, some were in an uproar during LML(rumored to be consulted by Victoria Rowell and Kobe Beef) when Dru was given "angry black woman" syndrome. Maybe Bell is playing it safe because she doesn't want the controversy. And who could blame her?

• Members

WORD. Couldn't agree more, particularly about Lauren during that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML's reign.

I voted for Kay simply because she's a nicer person. They're both solid writers, I would say MAB is a stronger leader...but she's got an ego.

Archived