Y&R: Kay Alden or Maria Arena

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I voted for Maria. Because i do feel her Y&R is better run with better storylines. However how long has she been here? A little over a year? A year and a half? If i compare her first year and a half to Aldens first year and a half id actually go with Alden. However Aldens Y&R started to flounder a few years into it. I dont see Maria's doing that anytime soon.

Did Alden write the Tricia/Ryan/Victoria storyline? man, that was epic.

Hahaha. How did my name get involved before i even came into this thread?

Id be down. And to be quite honest, i think id be rather good.

Awwww, i love it when people mention my Lauren.

I <3 her.

• Members

:o :o :o :o :o

I...

I dont... I dont know what to say. And that my friends (and frienemies) is a first.

Okay. so i absorbed this. And im okay now. :P

I wouldnt say she swallowed it whole during LML's run. I mean, if she had i certainly would have loved it a lot more than i did. I do think LML loved Lauren -- and Tracey -- and im glad her character got out of that reign of terror rather unharmed unlike most. And i do think Tracey is more than able to carry a storyline.

I do agree about michael/lauren. He was ocne the ebst thing to happen to her but i now view him as the worse. I would love if she had a steamy affair with J.T. and became a strong fierce business women again. Id also love her son Scotty to come back. Lauren deserves to be more than a prop for the Fishers/Baldwins

• Members

Tracey should've signed her ass a contract a long time ago if she wanted the writer's to take Lauren more seriously. But then again, even though Lauren knows many characters on the show, she has very little strong ties to anyone outside of the Fisher-Bladwins at the moment, friends aren't the same as family, IMO.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Kay is Mother Teresa, nor am I saying she doesn't have an ego...she's rich, she's won several Emmys, she's a writer...of course she has an ego. I've just found her nicer than I've found MAB to be in my dealings with them. They're both good people, both solid, both dependable, I just find Kay nicer...I think MAB is a 'slow to warm up' kinda gal.

In all honesty, I think it's like comparing Apples to Apples...they're very similar people who, in my opinion, write very similar/solid storylines.

• Members

Why? They took her seriously for years when she was recurring. It wasnt until she became a prop in the fishers clan that they let the character flounder.

You are right about family vs friendship on Y&R,a nd IMHO thats a shame. I love friendships more than anything on soaps and Y&R has some of th best ones, they just dont play them much anymore.

• Members

She was only recurring when she returned in 2001 and she was nothing more than a prop for teens then. Both Jack Smith and LML tried to get her to sign a contract, and she refused. I'm sure MAB is willing to offer her a contract too, but the ball is in Tracey and her agent's court.

Lauren didn't get more to do until she was involved with Michael, and even then, it was always about Michael and his family.

Since Tracey has a long affliation with the show, she must cost a lot more than most recuring players on the show. Since soap budgets are striking, they're obviously going to give more priority to people under contract, since they're obligated to use those actors and pay them, which they don't have to do with Tracey.

• Members

Lauren did not swallow the show. IMO, that's nonsense.

Yes, she was a presence, but most of what she did was stuff I loved. (E.g., Lauren-Michael-Phyllis-Nick friendship, playing charades..).

She can't be blamed for either Sheila or Pheila's last returns...and both (esp. the latter) were brief.

Tracy is amazing, and I'll take all we can get.

Archived