GL Tribute

Dan

• Members

It would ahve been amaazing for Nadine to become the 'Fifth Street Maureen'. Sure, she had her faults and did some pretty lousy things, LOL, but in the end there was such a warmth to her that it was hard to be angry at Nadine for trying hang on to the bits and pieces of happiness she got. She gave the Coopers 'character'. They were just a bunch of hard luck stories before she came along. Something about the character tied the Coopers together.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about Nadine. She had such a big heart, so even when she was selfish, or hurt other people, you knew she wasn't trying to hurt anyone. I guess there were exceptions, like the way she treated Vanessa, but Nadine was so in need of love that I could never hate her. I liked her and Vanessa even though I knew Billy belonged with Vanessa. It's hard to imagine a soap triangle where you like everyone involved. I hated the way they took Nadine for granted and just dumped her off pining away for Buzz and working in the diner. It was a horrible waste of the character. THen she had one of the most callous soap deaths.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I love the idea of Nadine being a "Fifth street Maureen". Though I would have liked the character to still have her faults and revert to her old ways every now and then.

From what I get from the episodes I've watched after the fallout of Billy/Nadine, is that Nadine hadn't exactly learned her lesson after losing Billy. It seems like she went back to working at the diner and settling back into her blue collar life simply by default bc she had lost the comfortable life she lived as a Lewis. I think a good storyline for her would have been where Nadine, still harboring her desire for the high life, would fall for some wealthy guy who had less than honorable intentions for her. Maybe after the story was over, and the truth to whatever this guy's scheme was revealed, maybe she would have learned her lesson. This would clear the way for her to be the Maureen of 5th Street, stronger than ever and with her priorities in order as well, though still harboring some of that feistiness about her whenever it came to Vanessa.

• 1 month later...

Archived