Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Members

As soon as I read this, something fell on my head... I looked down and there was nothing to be found. :o

I hope that wasn't a bad sign or anything like that.

My thoughts and prayers are with Jess Walton and her family. I wish her nothing but the best.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pretty sure she uses an oil base for her skin before applying her make up, and I'm not trying to be funny.

-----

I hope Jess is okay and everything turns out for the best and she stays healthy.

• Members

Brenda Dickinson was a DIVA. That is pretty clear after seeing her make news following her divorce from her latest husband and she gave the judge a Nazi salute.

Let's get realisitic. Dickinson isn't coming back, Adair has retired from acting in 1995.

• Members

This is absolutely devestating considering Jess is my all time favorite soap actress! I fear if things turn for the worse and they get a big name for the temp recast and end up keeping them. I could never accept that just as I wouldn't for Victor, Jack or Nikki at this point. I hate to see the role recast, but Jill *is* so prominent right now. Basically half the characters revolve around her in some way although she still is playing more of a supporting role herself. It'll be interesting to see who they choose and what the show says as more details pour out.

Thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts going towards La Walton. Daytime's most underrated and skilled thespian.`

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Mar 27 2009, 07:06 PM)
This is absolutely devestating considering Jess is my all time favorite soap actress! I fear if things turn for the worse and they get a big name for the temp recast and end up keeping them. I could never accept that just as I wouldn't for Victor, Jack or Nikki at this point. I hate to see the role recast, but Jill *is* so prominent right now. Basically half the characters revolve around her in some way although she still is playing more of a supporting role herself. It'll be interesting to see who they choose and what the show says as more details pour out.

Thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts going towards La Walton. Daytime's most underrated and skilled thespian.`

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hang in there Jess, we're all pulling for you.

• Members

Jess Walton is a warm, lovely person and a class act. Without sounding like L.B. Mayer, she's true Hollywood Royalty.

I hope she gets better.

I've always enjoyed temp recasts. It'll never happen, but I'd kill to see Jane Elliot(Tracy, GH) as Jill. I love Y&RWorldTurner's idea about Anna Stuart.

I'd love to see Brenda Dickson as Jill, but the characters has evolved considerably since the 80's. But they could totally goose the ratings by bringing her fanbase to Y&R for a week or so.

• Members

Jane Elliot would be outstanding as Jill. I could see her in the part. I dont care too much for Anna Stuart. She was fine on AW and ATWT. But I dont see her as Jill at all. I'd also love to see Brenda back. Let's hope Jess Walton returns quickly. She isnt my favorite Jill but the show wont be the same without her.

Archived