Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Members

Like you said, you don't know and neither do I. It's just speculation. It could be they want it "hush-hush" because they may not want some mass hysteria to break out and fans going crazy thinking Jess is gone, and other distractions that could hurt the upcoming storyline. Jess could be gone for 6 months maybe for all we know. Maybe they feel if fans know Jess won't be playing Jill for half a year they won't tune in. Again it's all speculation. I'm sure more will be known regarding this after the weekend.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both actress are so wrong for the role. I hope we don't get either one. I was thinking of who could take over the role this morning. I also thought of Maureen Garrett. But I am not sure. Also Linda Gray popped into my head as a possible Jill replacement.

• Members

Wouldn't it be delicious if they could get Jackie Zeman? She's only a couple of years younger than Jess. I was also thinking about Gail Ramsey (ex-Susan, GH & ex-Laura, Generations). She's Jess's age but hasn't done much in a while. I'm still standing firm that it will be Christine Jones!!!

• Members

I agree. But Linda Gray wasn't always blonde. I am currently seeing her in the 87 season with her natural hair color. That was the year she developed Valentine Girl...LOL..and she butt heads with Mandy Winger. I thought she did well as a business women during that season.

Oh ok thanks...I still dont know who she is...LOL. Anyone have a pic of her??

• Members

Christine Jones' best role was as Janice Frame on Another World. She was spectacular in that role.

She was also Catsy Kirkland for awhile on Ryan's Hope and was good.

I can not find a good pic of her.

She has done some wonderful fill in rolls esp. as Vicki on OLTL and Tracy on GH.

• Members

Actually, I do think Christine Jones could be great. She seems initially a bit "softer" to me than Walton...but she has played EEE-VIL, and she also also played regal, and she also has the right look and age.

I'm still gonna wish for Adair... Here is why. Shortly before Dickson left, she did a brief (2 episode) sick-out. And they brought back Adair for those two days, and it was glorious. Just a little "re-visit". That's what I want. Five days of Adair, and then back to Walton.

Now, that said, I am intrigued by the "train wreck" ideas, like Zeman or Gray. I actually agree they are train wrecks. But part of me actually wants to see less competent performers in the role -- or at least, poorer matches for Jill -- so that we miss Walton more and can't wait for her to come back.

• Members

This is so funny... And not in a good way.

Everyone wants Walton back, yet everyone screams for their favourite. Weird... One would imagine people were going to say: I don't want anyone to replace Jess, I'm to depressed by her temporary exit... :( Or stuff like that.

But no — Mark wants Adair, this member wants that one, this one the other one and so on.

Fun.

Caress.jpg

Archived