Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Members

you don't recast Jill and you don't replace Jess. Maybe 20 years ago, but not in today's times. She needs to go visit her brother or something along those lines. Let Cane run interference, but it's just not worth the pain and agony. It'll only serve to remind people of how much they miss her.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My prayers are with Jess. I wish her a speedy recovery. I have been a fan of hers ever since she was on Capitol where she was phenomenal. She was robbed of an Emmy for Supporting Actress over there. She replaced a good actress over there (Jane Daly) and made the role hers and was mentioned many times on the end of the year lists back then for best performances.

I have often thought of Jill replacements over the years - even though I am very happy with Jess. Some actresses I think would be neat to see in the role are (and some of these might have been mentioned already):

Linda Gibboney (AMC; SB; SFT) - would be neat to see her opposite Peter Bergman again after all these years

Patti D'Arbanville (GL)

Kathryn Harrold (the Doctors)

Brynn Thayer (OLTL)

Barbara Stanger (LIAMST; ATWT; Days)

Susan Pratt (GH; GL: AMC)

Maureen Garrett (GL; RH)

I think any of those would be good in the role. And would be nice to see as temps.

• Members

Uh uh. Adair was an icy princess...dazzling smile, but she could be a viper in a minute.

What didn't work so well, at the time, was that she was a class act...which fit less well with Jill's humble beginnings.

Still, the show really wanted Adair to stay...but she went to Dynasty after her 3-year stint. That is how we got Dickson back.

I totally fell in love with Adair's Jill. She had grown up a bit, she was still a social climber. Now that Jill is a mature bsinesswoman, I actually think Adair could really do the role well.

FOR A FEW WEEKS, that us, until JESS WALTON TRIUMPHANTLY RETURNS, or until Jill is sent to London to recover from recent emotional trauma while Walton heals.

• Members

If she paid for her own head (and body) shots, maybe she's shopping around for a contract or a full time job as a bitch-goddess on another show?

With all the "reconciliation" scenes with Traci...and her "devoted wife giving massage" scenes on Y&R, it seems unlikely she'll ever be a bitch-goddess on Y&R again.

• Members

No, its pretty standard for all actors to get head shots on their own. contract or not. esp for someone like her who does sometimes go out for other roles/has other ventures.

TEB is also friends with a lot of photographers, so maybe she was just having fun or helping a friend out.

and if she wanted a contract, Y&R would give her one. they have tried several times. also, who would leave Y&R for anything else in daytime

Archived