Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that if this was a short-term replacement (i.e. a couple of weeks) they could pull any age-appropriate actress off the street and limit Jill's airtime til Jess returns. However, sadly this looks to be long term (i.e. at least a couple of months, depending on how her health/contract negotiations go), so they really need to be careful whom they cast. That's why I keep advocating Christine Jones. She's got Jess's stature, and she can play elegant and vulnerable with a hint of trash and ferocity. That's the kind of role she played on Rituals. She's just a really good, versatile actress. Plus, unlike a Linda Dano, she doesn't have this overpowering over-the-top persona that would overshadow the material. With Dano in the role, all you'd see is Linda Dano, not Jill, if that makes sense. As for Wyndham, I just don't see her having chemistry with Jeanne or any of the actors she would interact with. There's a WASPy iciness about Wyndham that would not serve the character of Jill well. This should be really interesting. Whatever the case, I hope Jess is back in the role ASAP.

• Members

Oh these poor tight-faced ladies.... I am down with Katey Sagal idea if only she wasn't already tied down to a show. She would fit Jill perfectly I think.

I bet it will be someone we totally wouldn't suspect..... I hope we get some more news tomorrow!!

Archived