Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew it. i knew it. i knew it. Daytime Confidential (who tends to be really good about insider info) had a strange report and they totally took the angle like they KNEW it was a contract negotiation issue. I was reading into the vague comments here that it was possibly a serious illness and wondering how Daytime Confidential could be so insensitive to Jess.

Frankly, I have no pity for any actor in daytime being asked to take a paycut- Slezak included.

I should probably wait to see if this is actually true. It is the same thing that mother did on Malcolm In the Middle. Who by the way, could be an excellent Jill.

Just blew my promise not to post in this thread again. :)

• Members

OF course, Nelson DID say a few weeks ago that Mackenzie was NOT going to be recast... and here we are! Maybe they were in talks with Bashioum and they fell though? But anyway... My question is this, are ANY of these actors TRULY being aske to take a pay cut, or is simply a lowering of their guarantee? That's what it was with Heather Tom... They weren't asking her to do the SAME WORK for LESS MONEY, they were asking her to do LESS WORK for LESS MONEY. But if they need to trim the fat, they cna do it in much better ways. They can get rid of Thad Luckinbill, for one. Amelia Heinele can be put on recurring, they already got rid of Don Diamont, just how much cost do they have to cut? I noticed on the credits that the show has FIVE hair and makeup people.. why FIVE? I would tell the actors to do their OWN hair and makeup instead of trying to make them take a lesser guarantee... fire all the hair and makeup people, they do a crappy job anyway.

• Members

I am scared to say anything else because I don't want to end up hearing that Jess is seriously ill.

But again, Nelson Branco is basically Canada's Michael Logan. they are both idiots in their own way, but are generally journalists with journalistic ethics. Nelson's unprofessional cattiness notwithstanding.

He would be sued by Jess for that- and he does not want to piss of Maria and Paul, either. They DO appreciate Nelson's non stop ass kissing of Y&R- especially in Canada where Y&R is so popular.

part of me LOVES that Jess has seriously huge balls. Part of me does not like her approach.

• Members

I would tend to believe that this awesome Tricia Cast news is somehow related to a new Jill coming on board. The return of an old favorite to help make up for the loss of a long time favorite (of which the two characters share alot of history) I have a feeling the awesome response to Tricia's return last time put her on the radar for a perm. return anyway- but this Jess issue- moved it along.

Me too- its Jess's sexy, raspy voice that was leading me down that route in my mind. I just want it confirmed that Jess is okay. Then I want her to join OLTL, pronto. None of this B&B slumming.

• Members

Yes, OLTL needs another woman to take the last fraction of Erika Slezak's airtime.

Don't get me wrong, I love Robin, HBS, and all of our female vets but they're our vets, thank you, no room at the inn.

Archived