Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm more concerned about the number of parents who are whining about this because their little kids watch Glee. If that is the case they must be assuming that a show with singing and high school kids is wholesome entertainment when it is anything but. Even just last week they had Brittany popping Artie's Cherry just so he'd sing with her and Brit and Santana kissing because the girl can't sleep without a bit of action before bed and Puck "is" in the slammer. If I had kids I wouldn't want them seeing teenage girls using sex to get what they want.

I feel kinda sorry for that Lea Michelle. She's trying way to hard to prove that she's not unattractive and ugly instead of letting her talent shine & she just looks desperate and pathetic.

Edited by BadZoe

• Members

yeah thats what I dont get. These actors are in their 20s and the stuff handled on Glee is not aimed for kids. I dont think these parents know what they are talking about and just want something to b-tch about. Id understand it more if this were a show on the Disney channel but it isnt

• Members

Oh, parents just get up in arms about most anything. Today it's Glee... when I was a kid, it was Three's company. I think because the characters are high school kids, then the 12-18 crowd WANTS to watch it, and parents somehow think the show is too sexy. I'll bet they let those same kids watch CSI with decapitated, decomposing heads rolling around onscreen, though. That being said... I've tried to watch this show a few times, I tuned in tonight, and I HATE it. I SHOULD like it... but I don't. The music sounds very karaoke-like, the singing is all that typical BS, everyone sings in the same style, all these white kids do runs to try and sound black. And I'm not sure, but I think I was offended by that girl with Down's Syndrome being given dialogue like "Give me my chocolate, or i'm gonna cut you".

Edited by alphanguy74

• 2 weeks later...