AMC : Big casting rumor?

• Members

Sigh, Mrs. Valentine.

But then I'd want Phoebe too...and those days are gone.

I know this is heresy, but Robin Christopher never totally grabbed me...there was a coldness there from the start. It's being called "patrician" here, and I guess it fit her upbringing.

But I SAW that episode where Skye went upstairs, and Jason slipped into the ground floor and KILLED Alcazar in cold blood. I realize that this is the whole template of GH, but since that murder was SO cold-blooded...not self-defense, but a murder for his "sister" (kinda), that kind of permanently killed any sympathy I had for either Jason or Skye.

I cannot imagine seeing her back on AMC or anywhere (definitely not the actress, and maybe not the character) unless some form of atonement is offered. Even if it is just as simple as the fact that she is haunted by what she did....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She also done 2 seasons of the Growing Pains spinoff Just The Ten Of Us.

LOL, I was thinking of that show just today, actually I was thinking about Carlene on Designing Women singing the theme song. I loved that show, JL was one of many in that big Catholic family.

• Members

Jamie Luner always played variations on scorned white trash with money, IMO. Lexi on MP started out as a sheltered daddy's girl with issues, but eventually they allowed her to grow and change into an incredible villainess, and she shifted into her previous Savannah character, drawl, swagger, and all. Unfortunately that's all wrong for Skye. She may give good imitation but she's still playing Lexi or whatserface from Savannah. If God forbid KDP left OLTL, Luner would make a formidable Blair #3. But not Skye. She'll be too broad. It won't work, and because she has any primetime pedigree and is a Friend Of Pratt, they will force it.

Me, I wonder what Pratt has against Robin Christopher. He wrote for her, though not well.

• Members

I think this is great casting. Jamie Luner was awesome on MELROSE and SAVANNAH. I'm sure she'll get a little work done before she joins AMC, plus makeup does wonders. I guarantee a lot of the actresses on soaps and tv now would look a lot different with little to know makeup on. Remember it's been reported that Robin Christopher has quit acting to spend time with her family fulltime. Since that's the case, probably no money would've gotten her to return. Rumors are that AMC/ABC tried but she said no. Remember Skye has a daughter with Lorenzo Alcazar, Lila Rae, I hope AMC remembers this.

I hope Mary Beth Evans comes on as Liza Colby too. I agree that Heather Locklear would be an awesome Liza, but I don't see that happening and more than likely she'll end up on the new MP on CW.

• Members

Jamie Luner is copesetic and fine playing bitchy and vampy characters. It's second nature after her vamped up sex pot turns on Savannah and Melrose Place. So I'm in agreement that this is good casting.

If this news is true then Jamie(and her character) will indeed be hogging massive screen time on AMC. Pratt will make sure of that. Pratt will shove her down the audience throats because he always goes overboard on that front which causes resentment in the audience.

But I digress. I think Jamie Luner would be fine as a Skye replacement. But I do think Laura Leighton would have been vastly better. Sydney was one of the most entertaining characters on Melrose Place. I'm also in agreement that if Jamie does play Skye then Pratt will write the character completely different by turning her into a "Carly" prototype of character for AMC. I think Jamie is fine. But not nearly enough to get me to tune into AMC.

It is the horribly written, conceived, and executed stories, characters, and couples that are keeping me away from the show. I just find myself not liking anyone on AMC thanks to the bad writing. I just don't cotton to Pratt's less than stellar writing of AMC.

Archived