AMC : Big casting rumor?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not so sure that AMC could get Robyn Christopher for a reasonable rate...the lady knows her worth and her previous contracts have reflected that, her contract, under Angela Shapiro as head of ABC Daytime, was hefty.

I also am of the impression that Robyn left ABC Daytime with a bad taste in her mouth. She doesn't like Brian Frons...I think she probably wouldn't go back.

Jamie Luner is a helluva lot of fun when written for properly...Skye would be a great fit for her.

• Members

BTW, here are recent pictures of both (RC in 08, JL two years earlier, in 06):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a...Christopher.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/jamie-luner/photos/155603

It also occurred to me that Skye is supposed to be very sophisticated, educated in private schools in Europe. RC really fit that role whereas JL seems to be more of that "trash-flash" type of gal Frons, Pratt, and Guza are so fond of. Skye won't be Skye....but then, ABC daytime is in a deathward spiral, anyway. This will only hasten it, lol.

• Members

You took the words right out of my mouth, I was just going to say that RC brings a certain haughtiness to Skye that I wouldn't expect from JL. But boy did my mother LOVE Savannah, she was so upset when it was canceled... I can still remember the three girls' names, Payton, Lane, and Reese (I forget who was who though :P).

JL was great on that show, she and her character are imho everything Melissa Archer/Natalie Buchanan should be. Maybe that wasn't very kind of me, but on soaps we love to root for the scrappy girl from the wrong side of the tracks, she MUST be endearing. JL is, and MA (for my 2 cents) is not.

I'm a little wary of her as Skye for the simple fact of audience reaction (rejection!), RC has played Skye on all 3 ABC shows. But I have high expectations for her, if this news is true, I predict that she'll be successful in the role, I'm getting Gina Tognoni taking over Dinah from Wendy Moniz type vibes.

• Members

I doub that she's that expensive, I'm just sitting here thinking about RC and reconsidering my earlier opinion that JL will be a successful Skye. Fact is, we'll never know until we see it (if we see it). RC is just so wonderfully patrician, it's a quality that Angelina Jolie has as well. I don't want to watch JL or any other actress for that matter "play" poor little rich girl. I didn't care for CG because I thought she was a bratty almost shrill neurotic mess, she had Donna Love's less favorable qualities.

My mind keeps wandering back to the Phylli: She's employed, but a VERY toned down Michelle Stafford, or even better, what about Sandra Nelson?

• Members

She's in as a Chandler recast, IMO, I'm thinking most likely Skye (the hair) - but yes possibly Liza (if Luner is indeed in). We'll find out that Adam is sick off-screen, soon, so it fits that he's been left with family or somebody that he knows who will take care of him (could be new-handsome-Scott). Additionally, Pratt was crowing about bringing somebody in to shake up the whole David, Tad, Krystal, Adam thing in his March sweeps preview.

Luner at her pinnacle was C-list prime-time, basically Kristian Alfonso without the major daytime super-star status tagging along. In my mind, RC would easily be a bigger paycheck, in ABC/Pratt's mind, I don't know. Robin Chiristopher is Skye to me. I didn't even like CG in the role but JL could end up being great in the role. I'll keep an open mind. The cast is very actress lite at the moment and they definitely need an infusion, of course known entity's probably would be better, but...

• Members

I wonder if this someone spreading an unfounded rumor. I think it should be taken with a grain of salt. Several weeks back, in the thread about Pratt saying that an old character would be returning to "energize" the show, I believe someone made a suggestion that if the character Pratt had in mind was Skye, they could see Pratt tapping his old MP buddy Jamie Luner for the role. What would be the odds of such an off-the-cuff suggestion turning into reality? Probably not too likely. Yes, I'll probably eat those words when an announcement is made that Luner is joining as Skye :)

• Members

LOL!

I would disagree about "looking" patrician, though. One doesn't "look" patrician so much as have it innately, as Robin Christopher does. It's that aura someone has that they are of good breeding, not a "common person" (like most of us, lol). Angelina Jolie, Stephanie March from SVU (only because I saw her last night, lol), and many others. Luner falls into the Laura Wright, or Vanessa Marcil, or Sarah Brown, or Kelly Monaco category. Nothing wrong with any of them, but they all have at least a little bit of that "white trash" thing going on. (And ironically, despite all the tatoos and Billy Bob blood vials, Jolie doesn't have that vibe at all. She's got the same "to the manor born" vibe RC has).

Archived