AMC : Big casting rumor?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If true, I predicted it in a post about a month ago. I said it sounded like Skye (when Pratt talked of some "big" casting that would "energize" the cast), and I suggested that it would likely be a friend of Pratt's in the role rather than Robin Christopher--either Jamie Luner or Laura Leighton.

So if this is made up, they got it from me, lol.....and if not, I know the workings of that twit Pratt's mind pretty well.

• Members

She's definately got to be Skye. And with the return of Scott it sounds like Pratt is really trying to build up the Chandler family again. I have to say, despite the criticism many are harboring towards Pratt, I've enjoyed a lot of his stories and if he's going to build up the Chandlers then that can only be a good thing.

However, she could just as easily be a recast Reese or something, so let's not get too excited until an official confirmation arises.

• Members

Another Pratt buddy.

I loved Jamie Luner on MP but AMC should not be shelling this money out for her, much less to play Skye when they can just get RC for a reasonable rate. Pratt's going to OD on her and run her into the ground and off the show, like he always does. Notice they already began to regroup on Jake and Harley, I mean Taylor.

• Members

Though I never followed it, I always heard great things about Luner's work on Savannah.... and thought she was alright on Melrose Place. But I thought she was disappointing on Profiler. It wasn't just her, though. It was her character, the way she was written, and the story threads that supported her (or, let's say, DIDN'T support her) that added to the letdown.

Speaking of, let's play 6-degrees of separation here: Current subject of this casting rumor Jamie Luner replaced Profiler series lead, the departing Ally Walker, who previously played Andrea Bedford on Santa Barbara, who was rumored to have been initially hired as a potential-recast Eden Capwell, who was being played by a then-contract-renegotiating-exit-contemplating Marcy Walker, who had formerly and later played Liza Colby on All My Children, a character who has often been bandied about regarding said casting rumor. :)

Added trivia: Marcy Walker's SB leading man, A Martinez (Cruz Castillo; now OLTL's Ray Montez) would later play Ally Walker's doomed love interest on Profiler. (Ally Walker reportedly tested opposite Martinez for SB, so their chemistry on Profiler probably wasn't too big a surprise...)

Okay, back to our regular programming! B)

Archived