ATWT: Dicussion for the Week of February 16, 2009

• Members

WTF is Reg? Wasn't he one of those tertiary gay pals of Luke?

And speaking of tertiary characters that no one cares about, who is this Matt dude? He seems sinister. March's Villain of the Month?

I like nuJade too. I loved Elena, but this one hasn't made huge changes in the character, so I approve.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I get more pleasure out of watching this instead of the dreadful show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_2AA4lBAEk&hl=en&fs=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"> Reg was the "GAY" guy who invited Luke and Noah to a drug party. :rolleyes: Which btw they both denied going to. Yet, now Luke is all pissed because a drug addict is dead. :rolleyes: Go figure! Matt is a great character unfortunately it looks like he is the next victim of Jean Pissy's pen. <_ a great character being botched by pissant and goutman. nujade is ok. nothing to write home about though.>

• Members

Reg was that guy's boyfriend. Or at least from what I understand. It's just another totally meaningless dayplayer death...one that few people (aside from Nuke fans) would even remember would remember anything about.

Other than those Babs/Carly scenes, the entire week was a waste. I can't get excited enough to talk here about the show anymore, and that IS a sad commentary on the state of the show these days. I mean, it's bad when even Maura looks bored out of her skull in most scenes. I can't believe TIIC have again allowed the show to be swallowed whole by Craig, and can't think of anything to do with Carly but sacrifice her character on his altar.

• Members

Yup, that was the only highlight of the week. I just rolled my eyes when the kidnapping charges against Lucy were dropped like that. Seriously, crimes pay in Oakdale. It seems like only Casey goes to jail. This show is such a waste of time. We are getting the same baby storylines Jean has given us since she arrived to destroyed this show. I don't see the point in any of it.

Dusty and Meg would be great. I was always a fan. But why invested on them when it is obvious Goutman will put Meg back with worthless Paul.

This show has zero rooting value. There is not one character on the canvas that I care for right now.

Now back to my regular schedule programming of watching classic(great) episodes of ATWT on youtube.

• Members

UGH...frickin' JOHNNY JOHNNY JOHNNY....I don't know what Pissy's obsession with children is, but the past six years have been filled with fights over CabotCabotCabot, JohnnyJohnnyJohnny and HallieHallieHallie. Never has so much time been wasted on such meaningless sacrifices.

• Members

It makes me wonder if any of the guys who post in this thread will even miss ATWT if it's canceled...?

I mean why make the thread if there's not really any discussion save to say how horrible it is? I mean it seems like no one is enjoying ATWT anymore...so like Phyllis said back in the day to Diane, "What's the point?"

• Members

I have so many wonderful memories of ATWT from the Marland years, and even up to 1995 or so. Valente, Broderick/FMB, Sheffer, Goutman, Passante, they each ripped away most of what made ATWT special, but I still want to believe the show can find itself again. There's also Nuke, although that's not enough to make me watch more than some clips on Youtube every so often. I keep hoping Passante and Goutman will eventually be replaced by people who actually like the show.

• Members

I would be heartbroken if ATWT were cancelled. But even I have to admit, the show is struggling so much right now, this is the first week in FOREVER, I'm actually looking forward to GL more than ATWT.

I discuss the show on other boards, but it is incredibly hard to get a discussion going here. It's always been a struggle, given that this is mostly and ABCfan board. I think it still has fans here--but either they're content to lurk, they skip it until the weekend, or it's so repetitive you hate posting the same complaints over and over again.

• Members

LOL! I knew who Kevin was. I was being slightly facetious. And I remember Matt from a couple days last year, during the Nevins stuff. But basing a whole story around these characters... wow, was this whole thing set-up lousy and structured poorly. For shame...

ETA: Just realized I'm posting this in the wrong thread. Shame on ME! :D

Archived