ATWT: Dicussion for the Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think episodes like this really only work if you really like the actors. If they did the same show on AW using Tom Eplin and Jensen Buchanan and Judi Evans etc., I'm sure I would have watched the whole thing, but on ATWT I tuned in, saw Parker and whatsername giggling about something and just turned it off. Later, I turned it on again, saw Dusty reading a story to Johhny, with Craig looking on, and turned it off again. Not interested.

• Members

Well, having an overdose of Dusty/Paul/Meg and Craig certainly didn't help. But honestly, I just don't like these fantasy eppys, period. I loathed the two anniversary shows with a capital L. The Dollhouse Xmas show fared a little better, but that was really, REALLY hit and miss for me. This one just seemed creatively DOA. I can appreciate the effort, but it just ends up making me mad they can't put more effort into the daily show.

• Members

It cracks me up to see the PGP blog's pictures of Chris Goutman "trying" to direct. It's beyond obvious that all the actors hate him for this stupid crap. Just judging from a 1 minute preview of the CarJack/Pinnochio story, you could see the resentment boiling in Maura's eyes for being dressed up in blue from head to toe.

• Members

It makes me sad that the ATWT threads have been reduced to like 10 posts a week. I remember the days when we were all dying to dish about our favorite soap. Now, look at it- it's a shell of its former self.

The only thing that made Monday watchable was Maura West. LOVED her in that first skit- that voice was oh so sexy. Maura is love.

And I LOVED Dusty as the Scarecrow, if I do say so. There was something so earnest about Grayson that made him downright cute. And I'm not really a fan.

As for the show, I haven't even gotten through Tuesday's episode yet it's so bad. I just don't understand how all the same characters that have entertained me for years are now boring the sh!t out of a me. What the hell is it going to take for ATWT to get a much needed regime change? I mean, enough is ENOUGH!

• Members

Ho Hum....So the Gay Cops/Gay Private Dicks have a storyline. :rolleyes: What a horrible/contrived storyline. Luke going on and on how his best bud Reg was killed is pure nonsense. Luke was never friends with Reg. Why is Luke so mad?? Because he is one of us. :rolleyes: Luke's breaking every law to prove another one bit player is the murder. He is so sure it is Elwood...my gosh..talk about jumping to conclusings.

Van Hansis acting gets worse everytime he appears. Who really cares who killed a one day bit player?? The show is a total bore and makes GL look like GOLD.

• Members

Babe...Tuesday is the best show of the week so far. (In regular Oakdale, if you like the fantasy stuff.) At least it was nice seeing Carly have two friends in the same episode. It was a delight to see Henry out of sexcapade duty with Vienna&Bratie.

But I agree...whatever else was on Tuesday sucked. (oh, wait...not CZP) Honestly, TIIC need to rethink keeping the same people in the same endless CRAPTASM Story Sewer. It is time to say goodbye to the Paul/Meg/Dusty and anything Craig stories. I don't get what TIIC are thinking. Every story for Paul and Meg has sucked (and usually ended up with their costars fired for it)...and yet they're still there. If the only story you can come up for Paul is him going crazy every three months, it's time to FIRE THE WRITERS.

Wed and today focused on "D" stories were worthless. At least some IIC finally gave Brad a few more brain cells and let him use the word "diaphragm". And "vasectomy". IN the SAME day.

• Members

LOL....yeah, Monday and Tuesday were hardly anything to talk about. I will give props to CZP in all her scenes. The stuff with Paul was pretty priceless, and damned if I could believe she was actually talking to Carly! Oh, how I wish she would have shaken the crap out of Carly, sat on her....ANYTHING to get Carly to wake up about Craig.

(*&(^^***^%% F'in Craig. God, what feeds Gouty's hard on for that a-hole mystifies me.

• Members

It was refreshing to see Barbara & Carly share a couple of scenes. Man do I miss the days of their business rivalry. That was all sorts of fun.

I HATE ALLISON STEWART! Ugh. She is the worst. She sucks the life out of every scene she's in and has yet to show any chemistry with the actors on the show. I always wonder what the hell these men even see in her. Can I PLEASE have Jessica Dunphy back? Pretty please?

Yayyyy, NuLucy is back. :rolleyes: It's sad when I find myself wishing Spencer Grammer were still playing the part.

But I will say I really like NuJade. She plays the part very similar to Elena Goode and her voice even sounds like Goode. Only difference that I see is this new actress puts a little more life in the old Jadester.

Why the f.uck does ATWT have to rush everything? If you don't play the beats, how are we supposed to invest in anything? Literally seconds after Katie finds out she can no longer bear children, in comes Vienna suggesting she be a surrogate for Katie. Slow. The. F.uck. Down.

Archived