February 2-6, 2009

Toups

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

guiding light is so amazing and has been for a few months now. alan's wedding looked so much better than the "inn" on amc. i'm finding that i've adjusted to guiding lights production model. it's very very hard for me to watch other soaps now...especially when they are "outside". it looks fake, phony, and like 1950. now that guiding lights stories are richer, and in focus, everything seems to be great! i do wish they would change the music though. i really don't care for it. it's the only downer on a show that is so good and looks so good, i feel like i'm seeing and watching some of the best soap opera in years!

if anyone is out there and has not seen it...check it out...it's amazing...go to the light!

• Members

Didn't Higley's OLTL have good ratings for an extended period of time? Does her style appeal to a casual viewer even if longtime viewers are upset? Then she seems to eventually alienate casual viewers.

I'm glad the CBS soaps have increased in ratings because I think 3 out of the 4 have improved in quality over the last year. B&B has plenty of problems but at least is moving back towards camp instead of ill-advised attempts at drama. Y&R is going back to their core elements, or trying to go back. GL has been splendid for the past few weeks, reminding me more of what GL is supposed to be than it has in a long time.

AMC frustrates me. Viewers wanted to give them a chance. If they could just learn how to tell stories and stop the stunts, and stop acting like fans are idiots.

• Members

Here's hoping that Y&R hits a 4.2 in the coming month!

And I'm tickled that DAYS is remaining stable in the ratings game and a solid number 3 in total viewers. Good or bad, I don't want DAYS to ever be cancelled. It's the last soap remaining of my originals (DAYS, AW, SB, SFT).

Archived