Martha Byrne joins B&B

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To MB's credit, she recognized the sucking sound her ATWT scripts made every time she opened them. She knew the writers were destroying her character and kicking the show when it was already down. I love Noelle Beck but even she couldn't make me like Lily (haven't been much of a Lily fan since the Dusty-Holden-Virginity fiasco). I'll bet she doesn't a great job on the BnB. Maybe Bell will be excited enough by her presence to listen to her ideas and we'll get something new.

• Members

Hey another soap actress going the behind the scenes route. Martha is perfect for this as she knew all the crew, actors and staff. Hey everyone look at ELLEN WHEELER LMAO. Elles after AW ended was a director at ATWT just freelancing and then Goutman hired her full time and then she became a producer. Then went to being a producer at GL under Rauch and the back at ATWT and then now ELLES IS ALMOST CELEBRATING FIVE YEARS AS GL EP LMAO.

• Members

And let us all remember this cautionary tale about actor moonlighting. I've nothing on Byrne's writing ability yet, but I can only remember the scads of hacks that have worked their way from acting on the P&G shows...

McTavish

Weston

Lipton

WHEELER

::Shudder::

• Members

LOL, Wheeler is celebrating five years... unless constant crying and shaking your fists at the soapgods in anger counts as celebrating, I'm not. :P Just kidding.

I think that MB's comments about her character and daytime in general will probably make her a very sensitive writer. I don't know if that'll do her any good at the BnB, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Members

I always got the sense that Martha Byrne was very observant of the genre and in all her years picked up quite a bit about the structure of daytime and storytelling. She grew up in it. I think she'd probably be quite good.

I believe Marie Masters (Susan) wrote for ATWT for a few years, didn't she?

Archived