Y&R: Week of January 12, 2008

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today's show to me is absolutely the best I have seen in 6 months. Nikki/Jill- Katherine back at the diner/ Esther!!!

Amber in her disguise investigating/ Katherine's monologue at the diner about the satisfaction she gets from simple things..

IS THAT ------!>>!>!>!>!>!> WHAT!!!! Did you guys know he was coming back??? (I just edited in case someone has not watched yet. Sorry for the possible spoiler

I am saving today's show.

Perfection.

• Members

There were rumors about seeing James Michael Gregary on the set of the show, but nothing was confirmed. I guess CBS wanted to keep it a secret because he wasn't featured on any "comings and goings" list.

• Members

I've only watched up to Wednesday but this week is shaping up to be so good!

MS bought it (I have to admit) in her scenes with PB and later JM. Sorry, Nicholas fans but Morrow was a wet blanket and Stafford really had to do all the work. Nick's pattern has always been to hold his women to impossibly high standards -- and then cheat on them. He is a true Newman.

So many other things -- I feel sad about the Brad-Sharon thing being so hurriedly written out, though. It should have been their turn.

Everything -- Chloe/Cane/Billy, Kay trying to reclaim her life back, Kevin & Jana (who just crack me up), even NuAbby's best Blair Waldorf imitation -- is keeping me interested. God, I love this show. I am in love with Y&R at the moment, if it is possible to be in love with a soap. I just get psyched about tuning in to see another episode. I swear, if this show were on at 7pm on all CBS affiliates, it would be raking in ratings.

• Administrator

That was a nice surprise!! Now it makes sense why Y&R choose the 1989 Christmas show. I still don't know much about Clint, but after watching that episode, at least I know something about him. This Kay/Marge storyline just keeps getting better. Kudos to MAB for slowly telling this storyline.

• Members

The writing team is doing great, IMO. :)

The only problem is that the audience is too lazy to watch the story unfold slowly. First they can't wait to see is resolved and then they complain when there's no more story.

• Members

Today's show was FANTASTIC. Very good episode, all the way through.

It was nice to see Gina again, they should use her more, since she's still technically recurring. I LOVED the Nikki and Jill scene. I thought it was a pretty neat set-up to have their tables next to one another. LOL! I also liked that bonding over Katherine that went on.

I also love the Esther and Chole dynamic. The scenes where Chole was dressing Esther were cute, and the dinner party was hilarious with all the questions Chole was asking.

The Amber, Kevin, Jana, and Daniel stuff was good too. That last scene with Amber and Katherine was a great way to end the episode.

The Clint Radison twist was a surprise, because until a few days ago, no one knew he was ever going to be coming back to the show. They kept that under wraps nicely. And thus, the other phase of this storyline begins. It's like an onion, so many layers. I like that they're taking their time with it.

Oh and the music used today was SUPERB.

Archived