Y&R: Week of January 12, 2008

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a powerful episode overall, but nuAbby is kinda cringworthy. The dialogue was abysmal and I'm not sure about the characterization either. It's not so much the actor, so I hope the writers can find a nice balance for her. I'd like to see some scenes with Brad. Going from little Abby I could see a scheming side, but she seemed so much more intelligent than they're currently portraying her.

• Members

Finally, she stepped up. Those Jack and Phyllis scenes were great, she does her best work with Peter Bergman, period. It looks like Nick is going to rip Phyllis a new one tomorrow, let's hope it's the beginning of the end for them.

LOL at Ashley to Victor, "How can you buy one of your children a horse, and send the other one to prison!?"

I liked the little we saw of NuAbby a few weeks ago, but she's still far too new and they haven't developed her and established her place on the canvas fully yet. It looks like they're heading in a rich bitch direction with her, which is understandable, given her background. They just need to develop her personality a little more.

Good Tuesday US episode overall...

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 13 2009, 01:25 PM)
This was a powerful episode overall, but nuAbby is kinda cringworthy. The dialogue was abysmal and I'm not sure about the characterization either. It's not so much the actor, so I hope the writers can find a nice balance for her. I'd like to see some scenes with Brad. Going from little Abby I could see a scheming side, but she seemed so much more intelligent than they're currently portraying her.

IA - just because a girl is bitchified doesn't mean she has to get stupid. they're clearly trying to show some contrast between her and Eden, but Abby was very intelligent and perceptive and to dillute her just to serve EDEN of all people, makes me vomit. I remember when Heather Tom burst on the scene in her riding gear. She was bitchy and intelligent and still seemed like a teenager.

• Members

I forgot all about Heather Tom's Victoria. It's difficult to reconcile the two considering how the character is today. Since we don't have that Victoria now, I'd love to see that approach with Abby. I'm not sure if the current actress could pull that off though. Teenager Lily on ATWT would be another character they could look at. She was a rich bitch, but she had heart, clear motives and wasn't dumb or shallow.

After all these weeks nuEden just hasn't won me over at all. I was beginning to enjoy old Eden towards the end and she had great chemistry with Noah. The current one has none.

• Members

A-fuckin-men! Now can we please end all the MS bashing?

NuAbby is, green, very green. Tori Spelling green to be exact. But I think she's got potential. Still miss Darcy though.

MS was on fire today! Loved her scenes with PB!

And has Sharon ever heard of a comb, and a brush? Cause it sure didn't look like it lol.

• Members

Case needs to trim that hair of her's, she's had this bland hairstyle for far too long. She should cut her hair back to the shoulder length style she had in the late 90's or so. She should also try a darker shade of blonde, this one is too bright and makes her look older than she really is.

Though, I must say, the few times they add curls to her hair or she has it tied up, it looks good.

• Members

I'm hoping for a Brad/Abby scene soon. She's become awfully close to Victor. I know she's always been close to Victor over the years after the revealing that he's her biological father, but she always considered Brad her dad. I wonder if that's still the case. I hope so. I'll be very disappointed if, all of a sudden, Abby disrespects Brad and throws in his face that he's not her father.

• Members

a persons religon or sexual orientation is their own business...funny how MS gets bashed for being a Scientoligist but Sharon Case does not....

Michelle Stafford is Phyllis ... the only Phyllis

maybe you need to ask the question of WHY the writers have been writing Phyllis the way they have for the past year....it is not like Michelle Stafford is writing her own dialogue...there is a reason behind why the writers put her on the back burner and watered down the character and yet MS gets bashed for be "lazy"....she reads the words and acts them out the way they are written....she is an actress not the writer, the head writer or the director or producer...you sure give her way too much credt!

MS kicks it in her scenes tomorrow with JM....the electricity and the chemistry between the two of them reminded me of the "Hunt for Daniel" during the summer of 2005.

Archived