Y&R: Week of January 12, 2008

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, sometimes I think my dislike for Phyllis is due to my feelings about Scientology. Michelle kinda creeps me out and not in a good way. So I think it has turned me off to Phyllis (whom I used to LOVE) If she gets another emmy nomination this year over MTS, I will have an even harder time dealing with her.

That's where I'm at regarding Phyllis. I have never bought her as a web designer dynamo either. She is written kind of shrewishly now.

I kinda wish she could go a little psycho. There is alot going on behind Michelle's eyes and I miss crazy Phyllis. She played her wll. Phyllis is not an ordinary working girl in my eyes. I don't buy it.

• Members

I agree, coming from another Phyllis fan.... Phyllis for many years was probably my favourite Y&R character, but she has been missing her fire, passion and of course the crazy for far to long..... and yes Scientology all around gives me the creeps as well.

• Members

Its true.

I think there a few other things that give me an anti Phyllis (hell, anti Michelle) bias (alleged spitting, ect)

So in my limited mind- when I see Michelle I see a villian. So make Phyllis a villianess. Michelle will play the hell out of it. And physically, she is just perfect for that type of role.

Some actresses just don't appeal to me in a "good girl" role. She is definitely one of them. Phyllis has become a shrewish, somewhat normal, professional working woman. Y&R has way too many. We need an old fashioned villian.

But I definitely have a bias where she is concerned.

My true feeling is that the character (as written) has run its course. If they want to revisit the Phyllis who began on Y&R 15 years ago- I am totally down with that.

• Members

OMG

"View Click"??

Billy: "Blast from the Past?"

Jack: "Oh God, I hated it. I only kept it for Sharon's sake."

I've had a significant hatred for Jack all the second half of 2008 but I almost felt like hugging him when he said that.

Dear God in Heaven. LMAO.

Then Brad hangs up on Phyllis? ROTF!!!

• Members

Re: Scientology. Just research (there is so much out there now) and make your own conclusions.

It is truly one of the most interesting and disturbing "things" I have ever researched.

Some soap casts are filled with homosexuals and some are filled with Scientologists!

Its all good. The first sounds fun, the latter is absolutely frightening! lollllll

Archived