Y&R: Week of January 12, 2008

• Members

Well I knew that Michelle was a scientologist, I had no idea that the others were, but their beliefs are inconsequential to me. As long as Y&R is not pushing it on the show, and those involved are not talking about it endlessly in magazines and articles promoting the show then I really don't care what they do or are involved in, in their personal lives (unless of course it is illegal or inhumane lol).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something about Scientology just gives me hives...hate to say it but it really does colour my opinion of an actor...I know that's discriminatory and I'm sure most of them are lovely people...but I just can't help it.

Phyllis is unrecastable. It's Michelle Stafford's gig...thing is I firmly believe that Y&R could survive without Phyllis. She isn't driving story and she hasn't driven story since the Phelia fiasco years ago. I agree with Y&RWorldTurner, Michelle strikes me as a lazy actress. I don't think she used to be...but I think the combination of Emmy wins, big money bulletproof contracts and more than a decade on the show has made her feel too comfortable.

Compare her to Jess Walton...Jess has had the Emmy wins, the great contract, 22 years on the show and the second she gets a good scene, she acts the hell out of it. She doesn't call it in. She hasn't gotten complacent. She appreciates the work she's given and she's a professional. She appears to CARE about her work.

To me, Michelle is happy playing bored, dumb Phyllis. Allegedly, she doesn't want to go back to Crazy like a Fox, Desperate, Fatal Attraction, Bitch Phyllis...if that's the case then it's time to write her off because a dull Phyllis is a useless Phyllis. Give the good stuff to Tracey Bregman or hire Sarah Buxton, either of those actresses sell their scenes like a used car salesman in need of a commission.

• Members

i agrre re Stafford/Phyllis.

However,I have to state that I preferred Sandra Nelson.In those days,Phyllis was a one note psycho who was so transparently evil,that the good guys(Danny,Paul,Christine)should have just banished her from their lives.

It made them look like dimwits that they felt threatened by her.

When Nelson took over,her approach was much more realistic,and coupled with the fact it was a different actress,it was easier to move on and accept her as a permanrent resident of GC.

Phyllis has never been punished for her crimes.

I don't find the character or the actress appealing on a long term basis.As a psycho who meets a grisly end,definitely!

• Members

However,I have to state that I preferred Sandra Nelson.In those days,Phyllis was a one note psycho who was so transparently evil,that the good guys(Danny,Paul,Christine)should have just banished her from their lives.

When Nelson took over,her approach was much more realistic,and coupled with the fact it was a different actress,it was easier to move on and accept her as a permanrent resident of GC.

I don't find the character or the actress appealing on a long term basis.As a psycho who meets a grisly end,definitely!

• Members

I don't know why Jack didn't say YouTube, doesn't Y&R and CBS have a deal with them that they get to air the shows?

Michelle can give her money to any cult of her choosing, as long as she doesn't start pushing her views down my throat, I don't care. Tom Cruise never bothered me either until he went nuts in public and now it is impossible for me to get into any movie of his because all I see is Tom Cruise.

• Members

And I doubt Nelson would ever be so liveless as La Stafford. Thinking she's probably raking some serious cash for such sh*tty performances it's just criminal. And she used to be great.

Phyllis going crazy these days has me revited. But not so much because La Stafford is warming her acting muscles rather tahn me wanting the show to ditch Phyllis... Interestingly enough, when Sylph and I said this a year ago or so it seemed to be really unpopular opinion. B)

As for recent episodes: what's going on at Restless Style. First Daniel's ELVIS photoshoot (WTF!?) and now the naked boxing brothers and slick Jack as Sinatra... All of this was really unintentionally funny and just bad. At least the photoshoot of Jill's boys (seems the Beastmaster has hitten the gym lately to not pale too much opposite Billy Miller LOL!) had some drama attached with Chloe.

The Kay story continues to be amazing but I want REAL FLASHBACKS. That Nikki scene was a good start but I want way more. Definitely older than 1998 Jill & Kay clips... I want ancient Kay, Kay & Phillip or Rex; hell, some scene before I was even born... :lol:

• Members

Whenever Sharon was on today I could hear the theme song to "THE A TEAM".

HELL IF SHE DIDN"T LOOK LIKE MR. T with that ample gold necklace hanging around her scrawny neck!!!!!

That's a mighty chain she's sporting!

Liking the fallout with Jack.

That new Victor's daughter is a little BEE-YATCH!

Love her.

Archived