Y&R: Week of January 12, 2008

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since the 1989 eppy was foreshadowing this current storyline what hint (if any) could we possibly get for the reasoning with the episode choice the day after Thanksgiving? Although it was great to see that particular episode but it just seemed strange to me for them to choose one of LML's episodes. I just still puzzled as to why they showed this episode?

• Members

Jill and Nikki were great. What a perfect scene these two make. The Winters drama is FINALLY heating up. I loved the poster who suggested Karen may have tipped off child services, but that would almost certainly be the end of Karen, who has grown on me. Maybe instead of bringing back Yolanda to be the heavy, they're positioning Karen in that role.

And woh - Clint's back! Seems like a big setup for him just to take Ester's money though. How much money did she get anyway?

• Members

They are too much alike. Both have come from the wrong side of the tracks and lifted themselves up. Also Jill hated it when Katherine gave Nikki the CEO position over her, since Jill had worked for the company for years while Nikki had no experience. I think Jill also resented the close relationship Nikki had with her mother.

Amber thinks Kevin took advantage of Katherine's memory troubles to steal her money and then when she remembered, offed her to keep the money. It's quite stupid and silly but that is Amber, Stupid and Silly.

• Members

I don't think they're too much alike. Jill has worked her way up, Nikki has slept her way up. Of course, they're both tramps but Jill developed into a capable businesswoman, Nikki has not (Jill's business storylines have been ongoing since the mid 1980s, Nikki's time in the business world only started in 1999 or 2000 when she loaned Jabot a heap of money and got a seat on the board. Jill does business, Nikki plays business. I think that's a big distinction.

Jill has always hated Nikki because Nikki was friends with Katherine since she arrived in Genoa City and would stand up to Jill when she and Kay would feud. It's hate by association, Jill hates Kay, Kay loves Nikki, Jill hates Nikki and Kay.

Did Nikki ever find out about Jill's brief (but HOT) relationship with Victor?

• Members

I don't remember Nikki finding out about the affair.

Nikki to me seems like she would have been in the same business situation as Jill if it had not been for Victor constantly undermining every business attempt she ever made. One of the things that I loved most about Kay Alden's writing was that Nikki did try and become more independent and a player. Unfortunately, all her ventures tend to fizzle under the weight and power of Victor buying them up so he can take them away from her. It would be nice if at the end of this storyline, Nikki and Jill could find some common ground.

• Members

thanks for the responses. I figured there was some jealousy here

I really hope this storyline is almost over though bc Im getting sick of no one believing Katherine.

Wait how did Marge have the same face as Kat? Were they twins? Did she have plastic surgery?

And speaking of Nikki and buisness, whatever happened to that company that she started up with Phyllis? I cant even remember its name and it was just a few years ago

• Members

I always found that ironic, too. Nikki was once a stripper who had to borrow Chris Brooks' wedding dress because she was too poor to afford her own. And Jill? She was the clip-and-curl girl at the local beauty parlor before Katherine hired her as her personal companion. Yet, these two gutter rats dislike each other. Amusing.

Archived