Y&R: Discussion for the Week of January 5th 2009

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True...but you dont follow up a great cliffhanger with a clunker of a Monday show. The set up was there and Monday was just not clicking. I actually taped it to watch before it came on Soapnet. I was very disappointed that i went and did other things around the house.

• Members

While the new Eden is better than the first one, I still don't think she's that great. Maybe she'll improve over time, but she isn't a good actress either. However, I do like Michael having a daughter-figure type around, even if she's his sister. It makes Michael more compassionate, which Lauren already did.

I love Victor and Sharon's friendship. It's just so natural.

Neil should have left Newman for Jabot years ago. Yes, it shows how loyal a person Neil is, but it also makes him look stupid and pathetic. Victor overlooks him time and time again for his children, who often turn their backs on him, yet Neil does nothing. If anyone deserves to be promoted to Victor's second, it's Neil. He's more loyal to Victor and Newman Enterprises than both Victoria and Nicholas.

Gloria's an idiot for purposely getting her bail taken away. Dumbass!

Kevin's face was priceless when Katherine remembered that he has her money. :lol:

I loved Sharon's evil little smirk when Phyllis made the comment about Nick and Sharon kissing in Paris. How does it feel on the other side, Red?

• Members

I completely and totally agree.

I also did not think Mon/Tues were boring. Not every episode nees to be massive. As for not continuing the Friday cliffhanger..."Make 'em laugh, make 'em cry, make 'em WAIT."

• Members

The Young and the Restless always was most successful with the slow paced storyline that gradually builds until you have such a great climax. The climax is always best when you have invested alot of time watching it, and the acting is much better too because the actors have invested that time as well.

I am glad Y&R is back to the slow paced model that Latham pretty much abandoned. It doesn't work for all soaps, but works for Y&R and works well.

• Members

IA- It's always been more about the "why" than the "what". Anyone can get online and read a spoiler. It's much different to sit and listen to the characters talk about why they do the things they do- making talent a "must" for the Y&R actors, as is longevity and familiarity. They are in relationships with one another under the same "why" clause, which constantly keeps story line moving. I appreciate Y&R for taking the time to do this kind of storytelling.

The fast paced cheapened the work the actor's put in, and forced them to do some outrageously piss poor performances.

• Members

I agree. They are building long term story and alliances. They are following beats of the story and making me wonder about how they are aligning certain characters. I love that Jill is working with Victor to nail Jack even if I don't want the Abbotts to lose Jabot but it needs to be a slow build.

I am curious that they seem to be getting all the Baldwin-Fishers involved in the Katherine storyline before having Nikki or Amber find out about Kay which makes me wonder why they are alligning Katherine with them so closely. I like that Michael is talking to Kevin about doing the right thing and that even though he is tempted to keep the money he is conflicted.

Good story takes time to set up.

Archived