Y&R: Discussion for the Week of January 5th 2009

• Members

It is my understanding that Jana is not well-liked here: me? I adore her! I am glad they kept her. Unfortunately she was very damaged by LML's era (which is ironic since LML herself created her). I think the actress is very very pretty and sexy, and she is also quite talented. I hope she stays.

I missed the January 31 show, and Monday's as well. Anyone know where I can watch them online?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's not pointless. She's Kevin's wife. Although I wouldn't have them marry, she has chemistry with him. She has a purpose.

The Fishers/Baldwin clan has been shoved down our throats in recent years: still, I think that they are an asset to the show.

• Members

I have to agree...Lane was just so painful.

But I like Lily and Billy..so much complication, because we all know they care for one another but love other people. the same for Cane and Chloe. Only issue is, Cane is extremely boring with Chloe. They don't give DG much to work with and I'm not sure as to how long I'm willing to watch him brood.

Monday's episode made me think the writers are having a field day with the Lily hate. I mean they continue to hammer every man's love for Lilly in the dialogue and the sadistic part of me finds it hilarious. Today was no exception as I sat and listened to Billy's speech on what lilly does for him and how inspiring, intelligent, beautiful, sexy, sweet, remarkable..... :rolleyes:

I don't think Lilly's going anywhere and she's going to end up garnering the same attention as say Elizabeth H, whereby she survives solely on people's hate for her.

• Members

I'm not sure Kevin wouldn't be more interesting if he were single. No doubt no one wants to pin him as the romantic go to- but I remember he and old Colleen having mad chemistry. Of course no one would be down for that, but just watching them get over their hate for one another was entertaining...

• Members

My problem with the Lily/Cane/Billy/Chloe whatever you want to call it is CK. She's the weak spot in it. Lane is lame, and whatever this is with Billy and Lily is all because of BM to me. You could take her out of the equation and it would all be ok.

Loving Abby SOO much...

• Members
Eww, they'd better not be going in that direction, she's only a teenager.

Kevin and Jana were hilarious today. I couldn't help but LOL when Kevin went sneaking upstairs. I agree with the OP, Kevin had great chemistry with Adrianne Leon but I would never want them as a couple.

• Members

Ooh, that's a good one! Even if JT did the right thing and resisted, he has a history with younger girls (Colleen!), and simply the *hint* of anything could cause a terrific sh*tstorm with Victor, Ashley and Victoria.

I can't wait to see.

The humor, IMO, started with LML and her sitcom writers, and was a genuinely good addition from the regime. MAB said in her interview with TVGuide.CA that she wanted to continue the humor. So, I'm pleased that she is.

• Members

The difference being LML's sitcom scriptwriters tried too hard to be funny and would insert the most contrived jokes and dialogue in scripts.

Now, we're seeing characters in genuine humourous SITUATIONS. As much as Latham tried to being humour to the show, she didn't write many genuinely hilarious situations per se. However, her storyline were hilarious, but for very different reasons.

Archived