Y&R: Discussion for the Week of January 5th 2009

• Members

I thought the Kevin/Jana scenes were pretty silly, myself... but Rikaart and O'Brien seemed to be having so much fun, I couldn't help but enjoy them. Not because they were well-written or anything, but it was just enjoyable to see the two of them goofing off with all that physicality.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That dialogue so reminded me of the B&B's character descriptions for Taylor, CK is as capable an actress as HT (Hunter Tylo, not the brilliant Heather Tom), and so characters are left with spouting dialogue that just does not fit with the character I see portrayed on my screen. I laughed when I heard Billy spout those words because intelligent or brilliant are the last things I think of when either Taylor or Lily are on my screen.

If my stopping hating Lily will make the writers forget about her, I will bite my tongue/fingertips in future posts and just tape and use my ff button instead.

• Members

Jana has a very important role educating the audience about the benefits of V8. :lol:

I did love her and Kevin's break-in of the Phick house. EOB did an uncanny Phyllis impersonation. Makes me wonder whether they've been joking backstage about an LML-penned "Evil Phyllis has plastic surgery to look like Jana and take over her life" SL.

I will always enjoy Billy-Chloe together. Elizabeth Hendricksen looks uncannily like Keira Knightley in Atonement. But the show badly needs to reinvigorate Cane as a character, and a Billy-Cane rivalry is a good start. Lily has been growing on me recently but she's still a character in search of a personality.

I'm just... speechless at Fauxtoria's endless whining about her father's love life. Doesn't she remember what happened the last time she did this? She is so bent out of shape about her father showing affection towards his other kids ("What about Reed, huh? You wanna spend time with Reed, don't you, Daddy?") and such a snob towards Ashley -- who admittedly looked dressed for Bingo Night circa 1984. For crissakes. A grown woman obsessed with who her father is porking. It is seriously borderline incestuous and if I were JT, I would be getting the heebie-jeebies big-time.

• Members

im not gonna lie, ive always got an odd incest vibe from victor and victoria. like... its sick and twisted. they so osbess over who the other one is having sex with and has the need to cintrol eachother and always be number 1 in eachothers life. victor just gets fed up, stops talking to her, and waits for her to come begging for it.

• Members

Yeah, Y&R always seemed to hint that Victor was the reason behind Victoria's "frigidity problems" with Ryan when she was a teen. Which is why he had an affair with Nina, etc. I guess I've never really warmed to Victoria as a character, not because of that but because she is always so damn unpleasant to everybody except Nick, Nikki and Victor. She seems to have it out for Nick's wives, too (didn't she hate Sharon when Shick were together?). As for Nikki's husbands, she either hates them or wants to sleep with them. :blink: Projecting much?

• Members

LOL B)

Definitely.

Well, at least they are keeping Victoria a little bit bad; it's just that the original was better at portraying it. I don't know why I'm getting sentimental these days when it comes to HT.

• Members

LOL, at the risk of being attacked by loyal HT fans, I wasn't always the biggest fan of Miss Scrunchy-Face PermaScowl (and never warmed to the character) but she is an extremely accomplished and interesting actress. At least there was some fire and passion in Victoria's soul! StuporToria sometimes looks like she's about to slip into another coma.

Archived