Y&R: Discussion for the Week of January 5th 2009

• Members

Exactly. The plots are based in character. In order for them to make sense they take time to build. I really dig it. Bill Bell and Kay Alden had that pace and MAB has returned to it, thankfully.

That hack bitch from the depths of hell simply pulled plot out of her expanding (and contracting and expanding) ass.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love seeing Jabot back in the hands of the Abbott family. Even though I like this little Victor-Jill partnership, I still wouldn't like them to manage to return Jabot back in Jill's hands completely.

Why did Yolanda file a missing child report if she had no plans to come and pick Ana up? I know Chene Lawson isn't returning, but couldn't they have done something about this?

• Members

Good question!

It makes no sense at all, unless...

... do you think Tyra ENGINEERED that? As a ploy to get Neil to marry her? Except it backfired?

Might we finally see that there is a darker, nastier, more conniving Tyra in behind the facade?

• Members
I agree and I'm finding the character driven storyline's are way more interesting to watch than the hag's plot driven messes.

I hated that crying scene!! Could it have been that she realized how badly she screwed all of this up and has left herself without an option?

• Members

We'll see. But I think they won't do that. It seems that the writers don't spend that much time developing or going into details with a story like the A families. It's just something they throw in to fill a certain episode without much thought.

• Members

Katherine just needs to have a DNA test done. They can compare it to anything in the Chancellor mansion- hairbrush, toothbrush, ect. Its pretty simple.

I really would have rather had Katherine stay in her Marge state until February sweeps. Her and Murphy's romance could have developed a little more, we could have had more Jill vs. Esther (LOVE it) but on the minus side it would have meant over a month more of daily scenes of Mother Fisher in the clink with no makeup.

I LOVE JILL in any business situation. And I am so glad that Nikki is on tomorrow!

• Members

Wow, for the first time in the SharinitwithJack Marriage, Sharon actually put in a performance!!!

And I have always liked that actress playing the marriage counselor. I have a feeling she was on some tv show I liked, way back when, but can't remember which one.

• Members

Hmmm.....does anyone else see a Kevin + Amber fling coming up? And the Baldwins really are getting in with the Chancellors. Even though i originally hated how kevin's money problems sprung up from nowhere while his mom was still rich and out of jail, I kinda like the twist of him giving Murphy the money and helping Katherine. Micael's getting in it too. Can't wait to see what Nikki and Amber do. This is gonna be real good now that Kay is out of jail.

The Jack and Jill scenes were delish! It's hard to imagine them ever being lovers, though. But Jill has truly changed from vixen to battleaxe.

Archived