Y&R: Discussion for the Week of January 5th 2009

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving Nikki and Paul, and this Katherine/Marge story. It feels like good old, nostalgic Y&R.

Sharon Case was OK in that breakup scene, but she's not that great at showing true anger. Plus, if one thing Sharon has excelled at is treating Jack like crap, which is the only reason I'm glad she's gone.

The face cream scandal is out, and I want Gloria to SUFFER more. This all seems like a walk in the park for her, and if they try to use this Andrew Gibson character to save Gloria I'll be livid. Memo to MAB, freeing Gloria of this crime does not clean up LML's many stupid mistakes, it only furthers it by having this shrew come out on top yet again.

I miss Adam. :(

ETA: The bookstore has been a fantastic addition to the Y&R sets.

• Members

I would love to see them on the cover as well. :) It would probably be a good selling issue also.

I hadn't had an opportunity to see much more than bits and pieces of the shows until last night...I enjoyed most of the days. Monday was the slowest for me. The whole Kevin/Jana plot was just so silly. I hoped for more from that.

I'm glad Nick decided to stay at Newman and glad he made the trip to NY, Sharon or no Sharon. I want him out of Phyllis' orbit period.

I was surprised there was no follow up to the Lily/Billy sex. I still like them much better together than I do as separate characters. :P

• Members

I'm watching Friday right now and it's GOLD!

Katherine storyline is AMAZING! One of the best storylines on a soap in YEARS! Jeanne is awesome!

Kay/Nikki scenes were great! And the flashback!! OMG! So awesome!

I loooove Nick/Sharon scenes with the client. They were cheesy, yes, but loved them non the less. And the flashbacks.... OMG!! Awesome! Although, Josh Morrow was such a bad actor back then... lol I mean, he's not AMAZING today, but he's much better than that. lol

Billy and Cane fighting was good too... I hope Billy kicks his ass.

Other things from this week:

- love how Gloria's plan backfired! Such a delish to watch!

- Olivia and Ashley's talk.. and when Ash mentioned Brad, Olivia was like: let's not mention that... LOL It was really good.

- Jack telling the truth to Sharon... Great job by Sharon Case and Peter Bergman

- Jill and Victor as partner is awesome twist. But I want Jabot to remain in Abbotts' hands.

• Members

A big part of it is probably that there really was a change in Sharon's character with the final recast, Potter wasn't on long enough to make an impression, but with Heidi Mark's Sharon, you got the sense that she might very well have been the gold digger Nikki accused her of being, and you had to wonder if she wanted Nick for himself or his money. When Case was cast, the gold-digging aspect became purely in Nikki's head and there were never really any strong signs of it anymore. I seem to remember Bill Bell saying he had wanted Case earlier for the role but wasn't able to get her, so maybe the change in the character came about once Case became available.

Matt, Amy and Sharon were introduced as the high school crowd that Nick hung out with shortly after Joshua Morrow came on as Nick. Bill Bell then decided to move them all up in the world pretty quickly and pulled some kind of early graduation card to get the characters to college by the end of 1994. And it wasn't long after those characters were introduced that Nick moved from Amy to Sharon, and Nick's buying expensive gifts with Newman money for Sharon was a big part of what sparked the Nick/Matt rivalry, leading to Matt raping Sharon. The only question in my mind initially, like I said above, was whether Sharon dumped Matt for Nick because of his money, but that notion seemed to go away when Case was cast.

• Members

I'm OK with Gibson saving Gloria from whatever homicide charge they level at her because it could serve, along with the product tampering charge, as the means to get rid of that whole "Jack can't work at Jabot ever again" thing for good. Sure right now, Jack is saying his lawyers feel he's on solid ground that Gibson won't come after him for being there because Gloria is the real culprit, but Gibson could always say, "I settled with you, Jabot, and I still want Jack out, and I also want his shrew of a step-mother to get what's hers for tampering with the cream and killing my wife." But Michael using the fact that Gibson's wife had food poisioning - something LML established, but then had Michael and Jack forbidden from pursuing by Katherine so that LML could get Jack out of Jabot - as a defense of Gloria could help Jack if Gibson holds firm.

• Members

It was Case's Sharon who was standing at the fireplace in Nikki's living room saying to herself, "someday this will be mine." This was even after Nick had given her a house of her own. I found that to be a really gold-digging statement.

• Members

Let's not forget that the Gibson lawsuit was aided and abetted by GloHo ( Kevin bugging Kay's office ring any bells ), so maybe it will now come out how deeply involved Glo really is in all of this. If Paul is the top notched PI that we are all encourged to believe, then he will find all of this out. If I was Gibson I certainly wouldn't take a fall for Glo especially since she was the one who pointed him in the direction of the road he should take.

• Members

I really hope she is exposed for every evil, vindictive thing she has ever done since hitting Genoa City. The woman belongs in jail for a very long time. The other day when she phoned Jack and he led her to believe he was coming, and then they showed Gloria in jail with Jack doing a voiceover about how he hopes she is doing 25 to life..... I think that is very telling.

Burn Baby Burn!

• Members

Kevin: Look, this is not about River. Will you at least go meet with her before you start treating me like an idiot?

Michael: No, I save idiot treatment for your mother.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I really got to say---that long scene with Kevin, Michael, Jill and Amber in Crimson Lights on Jan 7 was really badly done and it wouldn't have been if Dean LaMont hadn't used some sort of weird music during those scenes. I didn't know if it was music playing in the other room because it didn't fit anything that was going on.

• Members

Woah. Daniel's photo shoot dressed up as Danny from Grease was cringe-worthy! In a totally 80s soap opera way. Wonder if the director was being all tongue-in-cheek or whether he thought "Yeah, this is so hip. Add in a little college rock and the demos are gonna love this."

LMAO at Billy and Cane's fight in the bookstore. It actually looked like real guys fighting and not fake TV fighting. Billy really threw in some punches when they were on the sofa.

Sharon Case looked very different in the flashbacks -- she looked so young and her face radiated innocence.

Archived