AOL shuts down the P&G classic soaps channel...........

chuck89

• Members

Bad news for those of us who are fans of 1981 AW,Texas,SFT and EON,as AOL has closed down the P&G classic soaps channel.

It looks like P&G are looking for another place for these soaps(maybe Hulu?),but for now it could be a while until we see them.

This is from the PGP soaps blog.......

http://pgpclassicsoaps.blogspot.com/

PGP CLASSIC SOAP CHANNEL

Effective 2009, Another World, The Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow and Texas will no longer be streamed on AOL.

PGP appreciates the support of AOL and all of our loyal fans who loved and watched these shows during their most recent run. We are currently exploring other options in making these shows once again available for viewing and hope that that the break is only temporary.

Stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news and, in the meantime, please check out the 1991 episodes of Another World currently airing on Hulu.com! posted by PGP Classic Soaps at 8:09 AM 0 comments links to this post

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AOL Video is switching to Brightcove. Hopefully, the loss of these soaps right now is more just an interruption.

http://www.brightcove.com/about-us/newsroo...eleases/?ID=307

I've been loving EON. I only got to see the last few years and I wanna see Sky Whitney (both of 'em!) again! :P

AOL's been shutting down a number of its features recently. AOL Pictures has been replaced by American Greetings Photoworks and AOL Hometown (for web hosting) was stopped a couple of months ago.

• Members

Well, that's a shame. I never got to see nearly as much as I wanted, between the repeated technical problems with AOL and just the fact that there was so much material that it was hard to know where to begin. It was cool to see the beginning of Texas, however - for all its flaws, it had so much potential - and I loved the Mansion of the Damned story on Edge of Night. I managed to catch some bits and pieces of Search too. Hopefully they will resurface in another form, like Hulu. (Speaking of which, I should take advantage of 1991 Another World while I have the chance...one never knows.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived