INTERVIEWS: Kim Zimmer & Ellen Wheeler

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly - even if by some miracle ratings do bump up to the 2.5's or 3.0's of a few years ago, there will still be cuts because they managed to eek by on a shoestring budget to get back up to that point, so why try and loosen the purse strings? That's when they'll decide to use the "if it ain't broke..." routine. It's a shame too because maybe spending just a little bit more money on actors, sets, writers, (at least the right ones) would get them those larger ratings they're after...

• Members

I feel the same way. In this day and age, the soap star who thinks that they only have to pay attention to what's going on with them on their show is doing themselves a big disservice, IMO. The casts of Y&R and B&B probably don't have anything to worry about, but as far as ABC and P&G go (oh, and that "Days of our Lives" show too...is that still on?), they could really help themselves out by not only tuning in on what's going on behind the scenes at the other shows, but also banding together.

I've always dreamed of all of ABC mistreated vets coming together and threatening a mass exodus if things didn't change. Sure, Frons doesn't have a problem picking away folks little by little, but I think he'd terribly afraid of losing so many all at once.

Archived