Y&R: Week of December 22, 2008

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I missed the show today but I will definitely catch it on Soapnet since it sounds so good. I think Billy could actually make Lily likable; I just hope they don't start dumbing him down as they did with Cane just to suit her. She needs to step it up a notch, take a cue from Vail.

• Members

If any another storyline or actress get my attention I'll comment on it. The reason why I comment on Lily because there nothing new with Lily or her storyline. When things don't work out with Billy I bet the Latin guy is next. I just want Lily to really examine herself & find something she can do for herself. & stop depending on guys for her happiness. I except more from Dru daughter. Dru, was a go getter. Niel is a buttkisser but at least he knows what he wants when it comes to business. Malcolm & Olivia had other things going for them. I don't care about Colleen so you don't see me comment to much on her.

I like both Chloe & Amber but I think both cando their best when they go up against somebody like a Mini Phylis, Dru, Jill, Katherine.

I like Michael but couldn't stand him after his mother came along.

• Members

Going back a few eppy's-

Can someone explain the dog that appeared in the Abbott house that Sharon set onto Jeffrey?

Is the cast too big or is MAB having trouble integrating characters?

The following have hardly been on for weeks,if not months

Daniel/Amber

Victoria/JT

Colleen

Brad

The whole Neil/Karen/Tyra story gets a few days play then disappears.

Surely Victoria could have more involvement-she wasn't at Summers birthday,hasn't had any involvement with Nikki's traumas etc

Is it a budget thing?

• Members

That's Noah's dog Fisher. He's hardly on. He's been on the show for like a year and Gloria did poison him earlier this year.

They've never written for this Colleen since you know who took over the role, she's hardly in more than 3 episodes a month. Brad hasn't had much to do this year, I'm sure he'll be on more when

Daniel and Amber did get heavy play in November and they're on at least once or twice in most weeks.

Neil/Karen/Tyra are usually on once or twice a week, sometimes three times a week. B storyline material obviously.

The cast is huge though, and they could stand to write a few characters off. I'm sure budget has to do with a lot of things, since they've been plugging V8 like crazy lately.

There has also been a heavy focus on main veterans lately, so a few of the supporting and newer characters aren't getting much play, not that I'm complaining.

• Members

Chloe HAS to go down - big time. I'm a EH fan and she's daytime's newest superstar as far as I'm concerned - BUT she has to go down in a big, flaming way a la Gloria. She seeminly has no conscience or hesitation whatosver in moving her scheme forward. There are those very vocal Cane and Lily haters but what Chloe has done is downright evil. There's no justification for it. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting her comeuppance in 2009...and her eventual redemption.

• Members

She'll have to destroy Lily and Billy first and she will, given how she feels about Lily and how she admitted that she is in love with Billy.

I think the end result is Chole with Billy, there's so much angst and broke sexuality to their scenes. Even if she's a total bitch to Billy or Billy can't stand her, there's something deep between them.

I'm sure Lily and Billy together will make her blurt out that Billy is indeed the father of child. Once that comes out publicly, lives are going to change.

• Members

Cashton, Chloe in no way compares to Gloria. Her schemes are very minor and have not resulted in anyone losing their lives. Even the way it is written, her actions have not resulted in any long term emotional consequences for the characters. Sure Lily and Cane are miserable, but they are doing such a piss pour job of demonstrating any actual hurt, that can't be gotten over with one day of happy kissage. I believe the writers had planned to go down an eating disorder route with Lily but scrapped that either because the actress doesn't have the range, or it would put Chloe too much on the dark side do drive her to that point. I think Chloe will get her comeuppance when she does get Billy and he's constantly chasing other women and she starts turning to other men. Hopefully the writers don't decide that her comeuppance is best served by killing her baby. Y&R is in a bind when it comes to new characters because they kill off too many of their future generations for a few months of tears.

As for this show having too many characters they really don't. Their cast is about the same size as Coronation Street which is only a half an hour. They do a great job of rotating their characters so that everyone has a chance at the front burner, but no one is shoved down the viewers throat for years on end. The American soaps could really learn a lot.

I was a bit disappointed today, isn't Abby supposed to be home for Christmas? Also, was it mentioned how Victor is getting out on bail?

Archived