Y&R: Week of December 22, 2008

• Members

I wish there would be a classic soap channel on cable. Soapnet had a great opportunity but the blew it with their crappy lineup now. Someone new needs to come in and develope a 24 hour all day all weekend classic soap channel with all the CBS, NBC and ABC shows on the air.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick was born December 1988. Melody Thomas Scott was pregnant in real life, hence Nikki being pregnant with Nick. In the early 1990s Nick went from baby to little boy (little Nick was played by Kay Alden's son John) and in 1994, Nick was aged to 18 when Joshua Morrow was cast. Hard to believe Joshua Morrow has been on Y&R almost 15 years; he, Shemar Moore, and Eddie Cibrian all started on Y&R around the same time.

• Members

Ratings for the 89-90 Season...which this show was one of

Of course provided by Toups :D

1989-1990

1. The Young And The Restless 8.0

2. General Hospital 7.4

3. All My Children 6.5

4. One Life To Live 6.3

5. As The World Turns 5.8

6. The Bold And The Beautiful 5.7

7. Days Of Our Lives 5.4

7. Guiding Light 5.4

9. Another World 4.0

10. Santa Barbara 3.7

12. Loving 3.4

13. Generations 2.6

• Members

What fun that was. Some observations-

1) Marguerite Ray HAD to be replaced to set up that John/Mamie romance. After seeing this I was reminded as to why. There was something so matronly about her and Veronica Redd was much more believable in the John/Mamie pairing.

2)Marge was HILARIOUS! Such a piece of trash!

2) The lighting was 10 times darker back then. LOVED it.

3) Nikki (Sixx) looked like a Motley Crue groupie! What a tart!

4)RoboVictoria needed to be killed.

5)Esther is one of the best true "supporting" characters ever. And she looks 20 times better now.

6)Morey Amsterdam was hilarious.

7) I miss the photographer (Was it Chris?) and Carol.

8) Chris?? Why do keep wanting to call him Chris- What was his character's name?? He was the photographer... was hot hot hot hot - HOT. I didn't think so back when I was 13, but i do NOW!

9)Leanna and Brad were a bore.

10) As always I loved hearing all of the great Y&R musical scores-

11) The cast was HUGE. Every 5 minutes a bunch of characters popped up that I never expected!

• Members

I laughed out loud when it came on! But I did love seeing it!

The entire show today was such a treat to watch! Great episode and given the current story with Kay on the show, the perfect choice. :) I'm looking forward to Monday.

What did everyone think about the promo for 2009 there at the end?

Oh I think that photographer guys name was Skip or something like that...

• Members

I think that has a lot to do with how old the film this show was shot on is. I noticed that the Christmas 1995 episode they aired last year wasn't NEARLY AS DARK. I doubt Bill Bell/Ed Scott changed the lighting year to year. If you noticed, there were some imperfections with the filming, since this episode is nearly 20 years old. I guess things were highlighted if you watched on HDTV, like I did.

I LOVED the episode though. It was another sign that Melody has always been dressed like a $2 hooker.

Peter Bergman hadn't been on the show for very long by the time this episode aired, but you wouldn't know it. It was great to see Brenda Epperson's Ashley again, she was the Ashley I really grew up with.

Good to see the old Mamie too, I miss that character. Like Esther, she was a great supporting character and the true definition of one.

• Members

"It was another sign that Melody has always been dressed like a $2 hooker."..

I nearly spit out my coffee from my Santa mug!

Yes, NIKKI has always been dressed like a $2.00 HO!

But I did like that sparkly winter jacket she was sporting a week or so ago!

And yes, Skip was his name! Hottie. And I loved Christopher Templeton. It was nice to have someone with a disability on this show.

There were so many characters in that episode considering there were so many different sets and scenes,

I was also hoping to see Nina Arvesen whom was one the most beautfiul women ever.

• Members

And do you guys really prefer the old Mamie? I thought she always gave off a real bitch vibe! Never liked her much.

As far as Brenda Epperson- She gave Ashley a sweeter and softer vibe. I always liked her. But I like the super intelligent vibe that Eileen brings to her. I wish they could have kept Brenda in a creative way. Was it Brenda's choice to leave I think? Then they brought on Ronn Moss's wife.

• Members

Damn that Micheal: So it is Micheal that has taken all the fire out of the women on the show. Lauren is the Traci putting down bitch she's always been (nice to see Beth M return). Jana was a totally punk hard ass. Phyllis is completely emotionally buried and All BOOBS. Many have blamed Nick for Phyllis' change but I guess Micheal is to blame. Gloria has taken her rightful place as Jabot's cleaning lady. I love that Paul, Christine and Danny are dead. The only thing that didn't seem like an improvement is that MG/Daniel would have never been on canvas if it wasn't for Micheal. But as an exchange, Cassie would still be alive.

I do think they really should have gone further with Kevin. They chose to write that he just tried to kill Jana. However, both Jana and Lauren were portrayed as so hard, it would have been believable that without Micheal, Kevin became a serial rapist and raped and tortured them both. Especially Lauren who was her own character and had faced many murder attempts, before the Fisher Baldwin clan came into her life.

What a treasure to see all these old and new sets. I really hope they re-open the boutique, maybe with Eden, Noah and Abby working there.

From the Preview, Monday's US show looks FABULOUS!!

• Members

Nick was actually 16 going on 17 when Joshua took over as Nick. The reason I remember that is that a big part of the Matt Clark shooting story (summer of '95) was that Nick wanted to marry Sharon but couldn't without his parents' permission since he wasn't yet 18. When Nick turned 18, he and Sharon were forging ahead with their plans to wed, but Nick's being accused of shooting Matt derailed their plans until after Nick's name was finally cleared.

Archived