Y&R: Week of December 22, 2008

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that scene and think it adds a great dimension when actors like Michelle and Josh deviate from the script and ad lib in response to what the baby is doing. I miss that little Summer, like Michelle, as long as someone puts food in front of her, she's nibbling. Sadly they seem to have aged Summer ahead of Fenmore, hence why Lauren and Micheal were not at Summers birthday party.

• Members

Veronica Redd replaced Marguerite Ray when Bill Bell decided to make Mamie more than just the Abbott housekeeper by introducing Mamie's nieces into the story. Redd's first appearance as Mamie was around the same time Victoria Rowell came on as Dru. It was several years after that the John/Mamie pairing happened, although I agree that I don't think it would have worked had Ray still been playing the role.

And to add some Y&R trivia here, Morey's partner Lil was played by Lilyan Chauvin, who had appeared on the show previously in another role, Pierre's sister Marianne, in 1974.

That was Schuyler "Skip" Evans. I always liked him and Carol together, too, and was sorry when they wrote them off. The most memorable thing about Carol for me, though, was the scene where Jack (then Terry Lester) first hired her as his gal Friday. Jack was interviewing several candidates for the job, and being the playboy that he was, everyone figured he would hire one of the more attractive candidates. But he hired Carol because of her answer to his question about what the most important quality an assistant should have for her boss, which she answered "loyalty." The fact that Jack went for the less attractive, disabled, loyal choice rather than one of the lookers he interviewed showed that Jack wasn't as superficial as he often seemed.

That's probably why they didn't stay paired together, since Brad soon after went after Ashley and then got involved with Traci and Cassandra, while Leanna started a rivalry with Jill over Rex (during the time Rex was on the outs with "Katherine" during Marge's impersonation) and John.

And there were still plenty that didn't get shown in that episode, like Jill, Paul and his family, Cassandra, Lauren, Scott...

• Members

Eileen's clearly the best Ashley and the one most identified with the role. However Brenda's Ashley had certain warmth that the other Ashley's didn't have. She had a certain vulnerability about her that made her very likeable.

Shari was horrible, and looked nothing like Eileen or Brenda. I wonder what Ron Moss was blackmailing Bill Bell with at the time to get his wife in that role once Epperson left. Y&R wasted no time in getting Davidson back once they got rid of Shari and once Davidson left DAYS.

• Members

Eileen Davidson is the best Ashley. When she left it was the height of the Cricket era so I don't really blame her for leaving when she did. Brenda Epperson was an adequate replacement, but she looked too innocent and sweet to be convincing as the other woman in the Victor/Nikki/Ashley triangle and there was no connection at all with Eric Braeden. Shari Shattuck was absolutely miscast; I feel she only got the part and lasted as long as she did because she was married at the time to Ronn Moss.

• Members

It's about Michael...but other characters are in the mix...CLB said to TVGuide "Even though I'm in all the scenes, I never got to see it [put together], and it's tough stuff. I had to step up my game. Michelle Stafford, Greg Rikaart, Judith Chapman ... these people threw down. The audience will get some really amazing acting. You've got to see it."

CLB, unlike other certain actors, is always quick to give kudos to his castmates!!!

Archived