Y&R: Week of December 22, 2008

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm so sorry if you feel that I'm trying to bait you, because that is not my intention! I just do not like Tammin in the role of Colleen, it's just that simple. Maybe they missed the ball with her, would she have done better as a new character?Maybe the rumors of her being dropped to recurring are true after all since she's not unnecessarily stuck into any scenes at all. I'm sure she'll be back for Brad's big storyline since it would be weird for Colleen not to be around for what's to come.I wish they'd bring him back it'd be nice to see Lauren in an actual storyline that didn't revolve around Michael's crazzzzzy ass family.

• Members

Nan was the girl who was going to give her baby to Carol,Jack's disabled secretary,who was married to Skip,Jabot photographer.

Michael Crawford was Jill's granite faced lawyer.lover and confidante.

Clint was Rex's ex cellmate who was behind Katherine's kidnapping and married Gina.

Robert was one of his cronies who got a job at the Chancellor estate.

Some things that bugged me this week.

The Amber dream sequence was a total waste of time.It was corny and pontless.

This nonsense of Amber suspecting Kevin has been going on for weeks.

I would rather have seen scenes of characters preparing for Xmas.Daniel and Amber called be written off at this point and it would make no difference.

Katherine's book in the stores.So,in three weeks,Amber got the book together and it was published.Please! It's not as though this is even going to have any story ramiifcations.

It also messes up the Katherine story.Supposedly this woman is so famous,that her face is on billboards all over town,but no-one at the diner sees ant resemblance.Murphy knew who Victor Newman was(he was reading the paper)but he skipped the page that reportedKatherine's death.

And Katherine ordered Xmas presents for Esther and Jill weeks before?Mind you,she was right about Jill.The character now dresses so dowdily.I know she's gotten older,but the man hungry,sexy Jill has vanished.Now she's just some crabby old dame.

And Nikki visiting Victor twice over those documents so that he could hurl abuse at her.Nikki,stay away,the man is poison.

• Members

I liked today's US episode. It was a slow family oriented-episode. The hair and makeup for Kate Linder has certainly gotten better since she stopped playing a maid. I enjoyed Michael coming down on Gloria, "Merry Freakin' Christmas!"" LOL!

The also worked the V8 plug MUCH BETTER in this episode.

The flashbacks Katherine had to her life as Katherine Chancellor were also well-done. Murphy and Katherine's relationship continues to impress me.

Tonya Lee Williams needs to do something with her weave... It looks horrible.

So I guess they're stretching Christmas into next week. Today's US show was about Christmas Eve. There's a classic episode tomorrow, and Friday's episode is a stand-alone episode for Michael.

I guess they'll be celebrating Christmas on Monday. Which is when Abby will be home. So, I guess, she is technically home for Christmas.

• Members
I was wondering the same thing too, but I sure wouldn't want to listen to a mumbling Victor for the whole episode. I'd rather it have been Jack especially since his marriage is in shambles. But, since they are inevitably going for a Sharon/Nick redux, I suppose that's why it's not him.

• Members

The classic episode is from Friday December 22, 1989. This brings back so many memories. Clint's scheme to have Marge switch places with Katherine, Carole and Skip's adoption of Nan's baby, Cricket warning Nina about David Kimble, original Mamie, new Jack (Peter Bergman had only been on for about two months at this point), new Ashley (Brenda Epperson had been on for a year at this point), little Victoria, baby Nicholas.

Pay attention to the scene with Marge watching TV. She is watching B&B and the old theme music is blaring. I guess Bill Bell forgot about that scene when Sheila crossed over in 1992.

Archived