Y&R: Week of December 22, 2008

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the classic episode, except for the pregnant woman and the people I didn't recognize, lol. Robo Victoria was actually a little bit lively in the episode and it's funny how Nick should only be 21. Seeing this show made me think that soaps could cut budgets by airing new episodes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and stick in classic episodes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Even if they don't air entire classic episodes, I would love to see classic storylines re-shown, like Sheila/Lauren, Marge/Katherine, the entire Katherine and Jill history. The B&B theme song was the cherry on the icing and Marge winning about them interrupting her soap.

• Members

I really wish these soaps would quit promoting the idea that it is better for a child to not be born a bastard than to have your parents divorce at a young age, because they never loved eachother. I am a bastard and glad for it. My peers who come from divorce are much more damaged. Cane is a doofus and deserves what he's getting.

Y&R's time lines do need some work. I didn't like people being in prison one day and out the next without much explanation.

• Members

I think that Lane are going to be the end result as well. I would rather this not happen, because I don't think that Cane and Lily have chemistry together. I think that him and Lily are boring together I do kind of like Cane though. I don't think that he is very bright, or very interesting but I think that he is a decent man. I liked him best with Amber. I thought that they had some chemistry and that if their storyline was written differently they could have turned into a more solid couple. IMO, Cane and Lily aren't interesting together.

I don't think that he has any chemistry with Chloe either, and I also don't think that Chloe has any romantic chemistry with Billy. But I think that her and Billy are probably going to end up together, at least for a little while. But I would rather Billy become seriously involved with Lily or if they don't work out is paired with someone that he has romantic chemistry with. IMO, that's not Chloe. I think that they have adversial chemistry, but I don't see any romantic chemistry between them. They kind of remind me of current Jack and Jill, in the way that they interact with each other.

Jack and Jill have good banter at times, but I don't want to see them as a long term romantic couple, the same goes for Billy and Chloe. I hope that if they are paired together, they won't last very long, and that Billy will eventually be paired with someone he has a lot of chemistry with. If this happens, the person probably won't be Lily again, but someone else.

• Members

Good God, the cast of Y&R doesn't age, do they? Kay, Brad, John, Jack, Cricket, and Nina are all characters that we've seen in the last couple of years, and yet they all look the same in this episode as they do now. Except for maybe Diamont...he's gotten a little thicker than he was back then.

Tricia Cast is so freaking pretty. I love her face.

WTF, Morey Amsterdam?!

• Members

YOu mean Diamont got fat!! :lol:

Yup

Exactly!!

I loved today's classic episode. I got to tape it on DVD. I loved Brenda Epperson as Ashley. Why she isnt on daytime anymore is beyond me. It was nice seeing L. Love although she was never a favorite of mine. Where is Barbara Crampton? She would make a great Betsy Andropolous recast on ATWT.

And what happen to director Heather Hill?? I thought she was one of Y&R's best directors. It was funny to see Tom Lagan's name in the credits.

They need to bring back Nina and Traci full time. They need to be added again.

Nice seeing Mamie played by Margurita Ray. I always prefered her over Veronica Redd.

I wonder what happened to the actrees who played Victoria. She must be in her 20's. And baby Nick should be around 18 or so now..the actor that is...LOL.

Oh and GL is on.....now...wow at 12:30 pm??...LOL

Too bad we couldnt have gotten a classic from GL.

I guess Wheeler doesnt want the viewers they have realize how great GL used to be. <_<

• Members

Airing classic episodes like this one on holidays could benefit the show, even if only slightly. I could honestly see a former Y&R viewer catching this episode today and checking to see what's going on in Genoa City today and getting hooked again. I really wish they'd start putting classics online.

Archived