Project Young GL

• Members

Okay so most of you guys have heard the rumor/truth that GL is letting go most of the young set which includes John Driscoll,EJ Bonilla,Caitlin Van Zandt, Bonnie Dennison and Kane Manera in order to make room for Grant and David..now I am GL's biggest fan which most people can tell you..heck I even stayed with the show when it really sucked but to me I guess I feel like I need to do something because I have met these wonderful and talented actors who has so much to give to the show's future and I know people are saying GL really doesn't have much of a future left but the characters that these actors play are apart of the history of GL..for example Coop is the child of GL's most beloved couples Jenna and Buzz and to get rid of Coop is like getting rid of Jenna, Daisy is Reva's,Billy's and Buzz grandchild...history right there as well and I know that Rafe,Kane and Ashlee doesn't have much history on GL but come on these characters are apart of the future I can see Caitlin as maybe the next Kim Zimmer and I know most will not agree but the girl is talented and it's the writers fault that they have not done more with her.

Anyway as much as I wanted Grant and David to return and trust me I was going to even use my paycheck to help..I just didnt know how much it would cost..GL should be able to use it's past into the present and the present into the future with these wonderful people..if not then what's the point?

So I am going to start Project Young GL..this is my first time doing anything like this but I would like it if people could write letters,send postcard,post on other message boards,etc...I guess I am finding my light by doing this..so please help me out okay..

Here are the people that needs to listen..

Ellen Wheeler, Executive Producer »

Guiding Light - CBS - TV

51 W. 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

David Kreizman, Headwriter »

Guiding Light - CBS - TV

51 W. 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

Guiding Light Actors »

Guiding Light - CBS - TV

51 W. 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

Televest Daytime Programs/Procter & Gamble Productions »

825 Eighth Avenue 35th Floor

New York, NY 10019

Barbara Bloom, Senior Vice President, CBS Daytime Programs »

CBS-TV

7800 Beverly Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice idea, but forget Ellen Wheeler. She's in her own denial world about what is best for GL.

GL will be cancelled soon so don't waste your paycheck trying to save these people's jobs. Ellen Wheeler has already sealed their fate. They will ALL be out of jobs. They can all jump off the cliff together! lol.

• Members

If GL is cancelled, I can almost guarantee that Bloom will find anoither place for Ellen Wheeler. Bloom loves Wheeler alot. She loves her insirpation and her passion. The song ONLY LOVE CAN SAVE THE WORLD is a snapshot into who Ellen is. She feels that an entire cast/crew it should be one big LOVEFEST CENTRAL.In Peapack it is a set where people give high fives, hugs, cheer everyone on and just love each other. That is the tone EW wants for her show.

• Members

okay look here's how alot of people are feeling that maybe the campaign should only be for John Driscoll,Caitlin Van Zandt and Bonnie Dennison...personally I truly feel like all of these actors have alot to give but it's kind of messed up in away that yes Grant is returning and so is David..I am all for that but I also keep thinking how many times did GL ask Grant to come back and he didnt want to? And half of me is like pissed off because now he returns and half of the young talent has to gone...I mean seriously..I understand GL makes mistakes...but come on cant they be like recurring or something...so thats why I need your help because truth be told I really want these actors to have a fair shot on GL if I am making sense..all i know is I am writing letters and emails to CBS and I might even call the hotline too.

• Members

Of course, regardless of Grant or any of this, GL is still toast. Many of us would (and do) argue that it's been dead for quite some time. Regardless of that, however, I think someone else (can't remember who) made an excellent point in another thread. The sad fact is that most soaps will not be lasting past another generation. So why bother cultivating a new generation on and off screen? After all most young people have not shown the least amount of interest in these shows. The only ones still watching are longtime fans. Perhaps it is better to give them what they want (like Grant's return) rather than try to bring younger fans on with a new generation of characters that will more than likely fail (pissing off the audience they already have mind you)?

• Members

Then Bloom is even dumber than I thought. If she gives Wheeler another job and it isn't acting, then she's a moron who has no place running CBS Daytime. Ellen Wheeler was a wonderful actress but she's a mediocre director on even her best days and she has been without question the most incompetent and destructive executive producer in daytime history. Perhaps her laughable "new production model" is the only way GL could stay on the air but how did it get into such dire straights in the first place? GL had been going downhill for years but it was Wheeler's tenure that threw it into the downward spiral that it's been in for a long time now and at warp-speed. She HAS to take responsibility for that because if that's the case, then all she did was temporarily save GL from facing the inevitable consequences on her own actions. That doesn't impress me, especially when all she did to "save GL" was make it more laughable and pathetic than ever, ensuring that it will never be allowed to die with any semblance of dignity.

Inspiration and passion are worthless if you don't know what the hell you're doing and Wheeler clearly doesn't.

Even if everything you say is true, which you'd never be able to tell from actually watching the show considering that there's absolutely no love in it at all, that doesn't make her qualified to run this show. If she truly values love why has she focused this show around an unrepentant serial rapist and the women who throw themselves shamelessly at him, a scumbag murderer who's screwing an idiotic little girl who makes excuses for his crimes, and a creepy middle-aged man who just married his fourteen year-old goddaughter?

As for the campaign, count me out. It's a shame about Coop and Ashlee, especially since Coop will be killed off and that's totally unnecessary but neither of them were ever used properly anyway.

Rafe was a pointless character with nowhere left to go, especially after Gus's death.

Daisy and Grady are absolutely horrific characters and need to be gone yesterday. There is nothing even remotely interesting or entertaining about either of them. Grady is a remorseless murderer, kidnapper, and all around loser who's also stupid, weird, and creepy. He never had any place in Springfield and every single day he remains, I hate him that much more.

Daisy is Harley Cooper's daughter and Reva Shayne, Billy Lewis, and Buzz Cooper's granddaughter and as such, she should have been a wonderful character. And Brittany Snow's Susan was but they screwed it up when they brought her back as a de-SORAS'd, immature, and selfish drug addicted brat who was sleeping with the slimy hitman who murdered her cousin and she didn't even give a damn. She became even more pointless after Harley's departure and her obsession with her cousin's killer.

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, you can add Daisy to that list. I don't care who they are related to, these are the people who are bringing down GL. Add Marina to that list and I'm in GL heaven. To me, she's worse than Grady, Rafe, and Daisy put together. I like JD, so I might miss Coop. But if he has to be let go to bring back Grant and David, then I have to say sayonara Coop.

Archived