OLTL: Discussion for the Week of December 8th

• Members

The OLTL haters are insane right now. I have enjoyed every episode for a month! And look forward to the next!

OLTL is the only show getting into the holidays! Since Thanksgiving the episodes have been warm and cozy.

A few of us have mentioned that the show seems to be making a concerted effort to get some heart back after this violent month or so. And I think this is proving itself over and over.

Today's episode was absolutely great with the holday movie as the running thread.

This show really makes an effort to be compelling. I think that is what I appreciate the most about OLTL these days. The show is TRYING.

And I am glad it is only December 9th and the show is getting all holidaylike.

In this messed up world and economy, the other soaps should do the same.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dammit All My Shadows would it kill you get in the f-cking holiday spirit?? LOLLLLLLLL

It is supposed to be cheesy and pointless, I thought it was really cute and fun. And I generally hate cute and fun.

It was just a little thread to bring couples (old and new) together.... It was like everyone bonding over Its A Wonderful Life or something.

The show puts forth an effort at least. Its not even sweeps and they had to film this whole black and white thing. I get the feeling that OLTL cares. Its like the opposite of Days Of Our Lives.

• Members

Eh, I just thought it was overblown. Nothing wrong with getting into the holiday spirit and keeping it going throughout the month, but everyone was acting as if they were watching Neil Armstrong or something. Even in real life, who makes *that* big of a deal over "It's a Wonderful Life" and movies like that? Every.single.character.on.the.entire.show. was excited to watch this movie? Dayum.

• Members

I am loving these episodes. It is not overblown and IMO a refreshing change from the show's gloom and doom. The Thanksgiving episode was beautiful and wonderful. The montage is gorgeous at the end in that. I love how we got an episode full of romance, love, and a Christmas theme. Showing they are getting ready for Christmas. I enjoyed every bit of it. Give me this anyday over Guza's GH disgusting shootouts 24/7.

• Members

All MY SHADOWS! I am going to plop down those fake reindeer horns on your head and make you rewatch today's episode!

Bold and Beautiful offended me today with some of the worst acting ever- daytime/primetime/high school plays-

I have GH on right now- I always leave the tv on after OLTL. And judging by B&B and GH, I count myself lucky to watch OLTL and Y&R.

THATS what I'm talking bout!

The show has been warm and cozy starting with Andrea Evan's last episode.

I love it love it love it.

• Members

I do love Viki and Charlie so. And I think the current show is quite good. But once again, coming events in the spoilers for the next couple weeks utterly disgust me.

Clearly I need a bigger soapbox. At least those Daytime Confidential people have a podcast.

• Members

Just when I'm actually suddenly adoring the show, the upcoming spoilers make me think it won't last--oh well I guess this is how watching OLTL will be for me for a while. I should learn to follow the Facts of Life and take the good and take the bad...

Today's episode was brilliant for me. Nevermind that I usually find half the characters on today obnoxious--I loved nearly every moment. Two small nit picks, cuz I need to nitpick this show... Talia basically shouting at Sarah that she must be doing a search on Vanessa was beyond weird to me. Whenever I'm alone at the house, 8/10 I'll be doing something on mylaptop--it seems odd to have her roomie come in and suddenly be POSITIVE she's searching on her. And I'm sorry, Christina Comes Home for Christmas looks like the crappiest movie of all time. From what I can tell she went to the doors of her ex and the credits rolled, eh came out and they talked about how much they loved each other as it finished. I love old movies but this was the crappiest pseudo old movie I've seen in ages. Still the concept was cute.

• Members

I loved today's show. I love love love Viki and Charlie, and I love how she did most of the talking. I also liked Brody/Jess and Rex/Gigi/Shane and Roxy...

I also loved how the dialogue from the movie overlapped some characters to where it was like they were talking but it wasn't them, it was the movie. Totally neat!

• Members

I liked today's episode, too, every bit of it. Well not the Vanessa/Christian stuff. I'm over that woman. I loved the "It's a Wonderful Life" Christmas theme they had to the episode. Everyone had a memory of the movie and it had a family theme even if everyone wasn't all together. Jamie watching the movie at the diner and Roxie calling Natalie was a nice touch as well. It was an episode of hope after all of the depressing stuff. I wish some of the other shows would take a break from the depressing stuff more often and make episodes like this at Christmas time.

Viki and Charlie :wub:

Archived