Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I mentioned this in another thread (San Bernadino shooting). It's definitely apparent.  I also mentioned the fact that the parents of little boy who was killed, Jonathan Martinez will not be getting public condolences from Trump since he is from the very same ethnic group that Trump spent over a year demonizing.

It will not appeal to his base for Trump to recognize the humanity of Black women (who his administration targets regularly) nor Mexicans and Mexican descended people (that he spent all his campaign railing against and calling derogatory names).

While Obama was expected to be the Consoler-in-Chief and speak of every single tragic event or act of turbulence, Trump has no expectations, so it seems.

• Members

I'm in a different column when it comes to the three named. If it were just that and not a bigger picture to me, but April Ryan is the only one who has the Omarosa/Trump/Spicer thing going.

Susan Rice, imo, falls into a category with Obama and HRC as far as Trump and the blame diversion game goes.

I may have missed Trump and/or Spicer targeting Maxine Waters so all I know about is Bill O'Reilly's ignorant James Brown hair comments which seems to have elevated her status. I am totally biased against her and hair drama is never going to get me on her or anyone's side. It's too trivial of an issue for me. I respect that it's a big deal for other people.  All I can say is that when I was younger I was often criticized over my hair. My scalp was wrecked over a bad perm and I was forced to go to a hairdresser, during my elementary school days, who loved sizzling presses. I was put down for not having "good" hair and I will still never get worked up over hair.

For years I've asked my friends what Maxine Waters has done for the people since she's been in office and none of them can tell me but then again, it's probably the same for a lot of those lifers. A friend of mine worked for her and I met her and her son and being nice etc., doesn't make up for inaction. She ticked me off when she decided to hold a prayer vigil over a community hospital closure, when they were warned about violations and that it would be closed if they were not addressed. Also she and Diane Watson were bent over Obama not holding them in high esteem (especially Diane Watson who must have thought he should worship her just because) but that's a whole other issue.

That whole 70+ club benefits from their constituents repeatedly voting in them due to their level of comfort with them. Now they're the anti-Trump crusaders empowered by protesters and I'm not impressed.

Any expectations came from Obama's willingness to show compassion. Trump doesn't seem like a compassionate person so why should anyone want his fake condolences? There's no point to his expressing sorrow just for us to question his sincerity. The best thing he can do in these situations is to say nothing. He can't use this to score points since the killer wasn't undocumented and hasn't been linked to Islam.

• Members

I don't believe that to be entirely true. When tragedy struck, even the likes of Bush (H.W. and W) were expected to say something and so was Clinton.

The bar was set lower for Trump.

But one example of a standard that seemed to set explicitly for Obama was what I used to call 'Church Watch'.  

Does anyone remember when evangelical groups (who were convinced that Obama was Muslim) kept asking when Obama was going to choose a church and why didn't he go often enough?  

When Obama was seen on Palm Sunday going to church, people asked why he chose the particular church he chose, some even complaining that it must've caused a traffic and logistical nightmare for the congregants. 

Obama, even though he never explicitly courted evangelicals, was scrutinized whether or not he attended Church, once, someone even criticizing his choice of color of suit!

I was shocked to see these rumblings given a platform in mainstream media.

Trump, on the other hand, has openly courted evangelicals but is anyone holding him to account on whether he attends church? 

*Crickets*.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

And they both know that without China, this is simply a declaration. Talk is cheap.

Speaking of cheap talk, what about that campaign promise about branding China a currency manipulator?  Well, Trump is backtracking on that declaration apparently.

Trump Says China Not FX Manipulator, Sees Dollar Too Strong

(*speaking of campaign promises, Robert Reich appears to be cataloguing them on his FB page, I don't normally follow him but that post is a hoot*).

• Members

I may be the only one who feels this way but, imo, Obama had a tendency to comment on too many trivial matters (such as Kanye West re Taylor Swift) which basically set the stage for him being expected to have an opinion on many things.

There's no doubt that the bar is set low for Trump as all he has to do is be able to stay focused on a teleprompter to appear "Presidential."

Unfortunately due to racial and other biases, Obama was under a microscope in ways that his predecessors and the current idiot will never be. Even the self-professed "color blind" people don't get that there is a difference between accepting a person as being totally equal to them as a human and being able to "overlook" race (which is more or less like saying that I am generously overlooking what I subconsciously perceive to be your inferiority). I remember Chris Matthews saying that people in that Appalachians were against Obama and that posed a voting problem for him, and then asking what Obama was going to do about. This because when white people hate you because you're black, you have to find  a way to make those white people change their minds. But isn't this the kind of ignorance and stupidity about racism that has prevailed for over a century? Obama got it from all sides. And honestly he was in a no-win situation when it comes to that because you can't please everyone in America happy when it comes to race. But for some reason, there were people who expected him to be the answer.

OTOH, Trump is not expected to be the answer to anything. Even his Trumpbots know all they wanted was someone as simple minded as them in charge.

Pretty much. I see that Carter Page is chatting with Jake Tapper and Manafort wants to register as a foreign agent to retro-fix his Ukraine issue.

• Members

I agree that Bamz commented to early and often on a lot of things but Kanye/Swift was him getting caught on a hot mic. It's not like he made a statement from the Rose Garden.

I agree that the double standard for Trump is glaring. Anytime Obama commented on anything like the death of a celebrity, the Foxbots would always come back with "Why didn't he comment on the death of this other celebrity?" He'd comment on a crime and they would find another crime to say "Why didn't he mention Kate Schindle?" They moved goalposts all over creation for him but Trump gets applause for not pissing himself on stage. The whole administration is a celebration of old white male mediocrity.

• Members

And politically China and Russia have often worked together to block initiatives from passing in the U.N., especially ones that concern human rights issues. I know that China is not a NATO member, of course, but their blocking often comes to bear when it comes to taking collective global action on things like Syria.

• Members

Whenever Trump has to put up he crumbles like the idiot he is. You pointed out how he backtracked on the currency--a hard deadline will get him every time. Did you read about him practically bragging that he told President XI about his Syrian strike over their dessert of "beautiful" chocolate cake. Simpleton is way too kind of an adjective for that pea brain.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

@Wales2004 Yes, I read about it and saw a portion of the interview with Maria Bartiromo fawning and simultaneously having to correct him that he was not launching missiles in Iraq but Syria, how disgusting! 

I'm still in disbelief that people voted for this man, what an entire mess!