Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was wondering what went on with Xi Jinping behind closed doors at Mar-a-Lago last weekend and I must say, I'm not surprised. I figure it would be Xi giving Trump a lesson on history and politics, just as Angela Merkel and Theresa May had to do previously. 

Trump is so dumb, guys!

I'm reading that China abstained. Hm.

• Members

He makes Clueless look like a film about geniuses. I can't imagine why he thinks no one in other nations can read about the stupid things he says--especially the foreign leaders with which he's met. That whole dessert bombing fiasco was seen as an insult to President XI and their traditions and the only way he'll ever know is if Fox mentions it during his viewing hours.

His best recent lie has to be the Bannon I hardly know one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/us/politics/trump-steven-bannon-fox-business-news-interview.html

I don't know if it's better than the old I know Putin well/I don't know him lies though:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/02/07/does-trump-know-putin-a-chronology/?utm_term=.3f29a7a6131a

Yay, he thinks Tillerson is doing a great job. Wait until he finds out what Tillerson said about election meddling and more sanctions. At this point, I think some of his people are just freelancing and making it so that he has to go along with whatever they say.

• Members

Well since he put his great negotiating plan on record for the media to broadcast, there shouldn't be that much public confusion about who is responsible for it.

Part of the media narrative on Bannon is how he threatened GOP Congress members and they didn't like it and how it backfired and has now contributed to his being on the outs. Now you have the main idiot making more severe threats in order to "force" Democrats into doing themselves in by trying to hold vital healthcare hostage in order to make them complicit in gutting it. He's yet again showing how desperate the media are to normalize him because to pin everything on Bannon as though Trump is some innocent puppet reeks.

• Members

I think there's some right-leaning folks in the media (Joe Scarborough) who want to put it all on Bannon to normalize him, yes. And the impulse is often there. But I don't think the whole of the media is fitting that frame yet.

• Members

Susan Sarandon Explains Why She’s Hopeful About Trump 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/12/susan-sarandon-explains-why-shes-hopeful-about-trump-video/#ixzz4e85EQa6Y

On Wednesday’s episode of “The View,” former Bernie supporter Susan Sarandon asserted that Trump is doing a “terrible” job, but that she was feeling hopeful about the passage of single-payer healthcare, which she advocates, because of Trump’s promise of change.

“Now, we have a chance to get single-payer [health care] through. There is actually a bill being introduced by Bernie [Sanders]. There’s a lot of other Democrats and Republicans. There are people that are Republicans that voted, they wanted change, they didn’t want the status quo. [Trump] was the only guy that was talking about change.”

Sarandon disapproved of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election and voted for Jill Stein.